[Event] NISSAN TrailSeeker #1 Diamond Rush

WesselvdWalt

I really enjoyed the route on Saturday and the batching worked really well.

I've been getting ITB pain in my right knee the last 2 weeks so the second half of the race was just managing the pain in the knee. I could not get any power down!!!

Well done to everyone

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife and I are exactly the same SASeeding index, they put me in D batch and her in E batch, it happened before usually she is in a better batch then we just move down to the same batch. We always ride together, that's why our seeding indexes are the same. The problem is we both finished on the same time again but they added 8 minutes to my time? Is it a penalty and why, or is it a mistake? I already send a email to Jumpertrax but no reply yet. The results are already through to SASeeding, aren’t they supposed to first handle all the discrepancies before sending it through?

My wife and I are exactly the same SASeeding index, they put me in D batch and her in E batch, it happened before usually she is in a better batch then we just move down to the same batch. We always ride together, that's why our seeding indexes are the same. The problem is we both finished on the same time again but they added 8 minutes to my time? Is it a penalty and why, or is it a mistake? I already send a email to Jumpertrax but no reply yet. The results are already through to SASeeding, aren’t they supposed to first handle all the discrepancies before sending it through?

I think your time starts when your batch starts. So if you started with your wife your time was already running and that is why there is an extra few minutes on your result.

Your time gets calculated from the batch you should have started in. They dont scan you when you start.

So your start time would have been say 8h20 and your wife 8h28 and you finished at lets say 12h00. They then subract the two from each other to get your race time.

I dont think they will change your time for you. You needed to put the 'rebatching' request through before the start of the race

RESULTS:

Marathon

jcza 03:16:18 - GC 89

RossW - 3h21min57s GC 128

Blitzer 3h31 GC 202

DomP - 3:40:57

davetapson 4:16

WezGK 4h12m

Half marathon

Corrie Kuilder 02:00:14 GC 195

Mr Winter 02:01:03 GC 212

Riaan Coetzee 02:01:52 GC 223

Marathon

3:18.20, GC 102

Also did the marathon and really enjoyed it. What was not so great was finding another car where I left mine. So while we were sweating it out someone helped themselves to my Hilux Double cab...not so lekka.

Cars also stolen from there last year...

Glad I decided to stay in bed

It is strange that it worked before? How can they not scan you at the beginning, so we can skip the first few k's and start fresh in the middle!

They scan your board when you enter the batch but that is just to make sure you checked in at the start. So no you cant start in the middle of the race...

I picked up 3 x permanent mtb numbers Sunday morning near Rayton so if you would like them back contact me, or I could use them for days when I really want to give you a bad finish. :ph34r:

May I suggest to those that do have these boards that they use a permanent marker to add an alternative cell number on the back. I tested the sms response from SAS and within 45 seconds a quick reply which says ........no medical details. Brilliant that the system works, now the owner needs to ensure his details are uploaded.

I will contact SAS direct, maybe that's the solution.

Does anyone know who the official photographer was, and where we might be able to view/buy those pics?

Really enjoyed the race and great to see everyone. Well done :thumbup:

What impressed was that the trail was properly cut and not just miles of mowed grass. Well done Advendurance.

That's terrible! Sorry for your loss!

On a lighter note, did you cycle home?

Luckily my friend was there with his car, so did not need to cycle home :unsure:

I really enjoyed the route on Saturday and the batching worked really well.

I've been getting ITB pain in my right knee the last 2 weeks so the second half of the race was just managing the pain in the knee. I could not get any power down!!!

Well done to everyone

I think I saw you walking/limping with a straight leg after the race, looked sore.. Good luck with recovery.

RESULTS:

Marathon

jcza 03:16:18 - GC 89

RossW - 3h21min57s GC 128

Blitzer 3h31 GC 202

DomP - 3:40:57

davetapson 4:16

WezGK 4h12m

Half marathon

Corrie Kuilder 02:00:14 GC 195

Mr Winter 02:01:03 GC 212

Riaan Coetzee 02:01:52 GC 223