Giro d' Italia 2014

'Dale

typical journalists :whistling: :ph34r: :whistling:

Nothing to do with the recent arrest of Gerry Adams and the storm that could have provoked? Vuelta has Basque Separatists, Giro has the Provos and the TdF has tack throwers!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing to do with the recent arrest of Gerry Adams and the storm that could have provoked? Vuelta has Basque Separatists, Giro has the Provos and the TdF has tack throwers!

lol, no my comment was made in pure jest (and aimed at our resident journo)

Marcel Kittel @marcelkittel 3m

So, the Giro got me earlier then I thought. Absolutely disappointed that I have to leave this beautiful race today because of a fever. :'(((

Marcel Kittel @marcelkittel 3m

So, the Giro got me earlier then I thought. Absolutely disappointed that I have to leave this beautiful race today because of a fever. :'(((

Shame, how sad for the lad! On the upside though we have the following positives...

1. He will be fighting fit and ready to give Cavendish a good hiding in the Tour.

2. Cannondale will be grabbing some sprint victories shortly :whistling:

I feel for Kittel but you can hear the whole Peloton give a big sigh. Especially the last lead out man on each train.

Shame, how sad for the lad! On the upside though we have the following positives...

1. He will be fighting fit and ready to give Cavendish a good hiding in the Tour.

2. Cannondale will be grabbing some sprint victories shortly :whistling:

Don't forget about Greipel

Don't forget about Greipel

Okay...

1. He will be fighting fit and ready to give Cavendish AND Greipel a good hiding in the Tour.

Interestingly, Kittel is only focusing on stage wins.

He mentions in recent media interview that he'll target sprint jerseys later.

The showdown between him and Cav' (and the rest) will be awesome at Le Tour.

Okay...

1. He will be fighting fit and ready to give Cavendish AND Greipel a good hiding in the Tour.

Can't wait to see them all in action fighting it out :clap:

Interestingly, Kittel is only focusing on stage wins.

He mentions in recent media interview that he'll target sprint jerseys later.

The showdown between him and Cav' (and the rest) will be awesome at Le Tour.

Yeah it seems that way. At 85kg, its difficult to see him being competitive in the jersey competition as well as on stages with anything more than speedbumps.

Speaking of which, tomorrows stage would have suited a 73kg sprinter like Sagan perfectly.

Okay...

1. He will be fighting fit and ready to give IN TO Cavendish AND GIVE Greipel a good hiding in the Tour.

Fixed it... ;)

Stage 4:

There are a lot of riders taking it very easy at the back of the peloton. The roads are very slick with the rain and it will be hard to stay out of trouble. Its a short stage and the pace will be fast, so the GC riders will have to be careful.