[Event] Robertson Winery Wacky Wine MTB 2014

Robertson Winery MTB

For Shizzle, We'll be there only if you enter the longest route?

work has now chosen this weekend as the 'strategy' session :( I will be in Villiersdorp pow-powing with colleagues

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No thanks for the medal. Yes please for the wine. I get it that some people really like the medals but you can't drink them. Anyone who doesn't want their wine I will be happy to take if off your hands!!

+1 for a good bottle of Red. I kid you not when I say I dumped a PnP bag full of medals in the bin when cleaned the cubhourds two weeks ago and the funny part of it all, is I've never ever got a 3rd, or 2nd or 1st place.....ever......... wine please.

I've done this event a few times and it is great. The dronk people in Robertson is an entirely different matter though. It seems like wine festival is just another term for "Drink_tot_jy_neerdonner_en_drink_dan_verder" Don't get me wrong, I'm all for initiatives that stimulates tourism in small towns, but don't care for the mentality of many of the festival goers. Perhaps better traffic official presence / SAPS presence would sort this sort of thing out, who knows.

I for one would drive in early, do the event and try to avoid Robertson on the way home as usually people (and not just the farm workers in this case) falling all over the place by 11am.

I've done this event a few times and it is great. The dronk people in Robertson is an entirely different matter though. It seems like wine festival is just another term for "Drink_tot_jy_neerdonner_en_drink_dan_verder" Don't get me wrong, I'm all for initiatives that stimulates tourism in small towns, but don't care for the mentality of many of the festival goers. Perhaps better traffic official presence / SAPS presence would sort this sort of thing out, who knows.

I for one would drive in early, do the event and try to avoid Robertson on the way home as usually people (and not just the farm workers in this case) falling all over the place by 11am.

I agree with you 100 percent. I am not doing the event this year. I had 2 incidents last year with drunk drivers, I vowed to not place myself and loved ones at risk this year.

You are exactly right. I rode the race last year and then had to try pretend to enjoy the rest of the day with my friends as we visited a few farms. Had a really drunk woman try pick a fight with me at one farm. I avoid these types of festivals - Bastille Day in Franschhoek is the same. Dronk op straat is supposed to be illegal. Also, last year we went to a restaurant in the main street that my friends regularly frequent - service and food just beyond pathetic because its too busy. But having said that, the race was amazing :) Just skip the festivities afterwards.

I don't get medals either. The first two was fun... but now it is just too much and I'd much rather have something I can consume.

post-38519-0-59649800-1399831102_thumb.jpg

I don't get medals either. The first two was fun... but now it is just too much and I'd much rather have something I can consume.

Different strokes. Some of us collect them.

which medal do you still need I'll let it go at a reasonable price, 5 smarties per medal?

I might take you up on that! :clap:

Even big things like Transkaroo, Argus, Two Oceans and Karoo2Coast have much nicer reminders than the medals. Somewhere I have two of those trophy things they send you of you do both Argus MTB long route and Cycle Tour, I think it could be one of my 19 month old's sandpit toys...

which medal do you still need I'll let it go at a reasonable price, 5 smarties per medal?

Plenty of them, all of them in fact.

If you ever need some that are missing from your collection let me know, I have done pretty much all rides and many runs since 2011.

If you ever need some that are missing from your collection let me know, I have done pretty much all rides and many runs since 2011.

I would like to earn them thanks. Its a personal thing, dont be a dick about it.

of late I decided to give my medal to the volunteer handing them out & tell them it's their reward for being out there doing what they are currently doing at that point in time.

I like all my medals work hard for them :) . Does anyone maybe have a Computer Mania NUY 2014 medal they dont what as they ran out of medals at event