So It seems cyclists (MTB & Road ) knobs.

nicbez

Riding back from the Cradle this morning I rode behind this lot. All the way up form Muldersdrift down Hendrik Potgieter. On two occasions the guy in black on the mtb drifted over the yellow line. Ones in front of a Double cab and the second time a LPG tanker. I would like to know if they have a death wish or just plain stupid. This is just one of the most dangerous roads on the Westrand.

post-7955-0-62811400-1398519497_thumb.jpg

They are riding in the verge, why is it an issue that they are riding together like that? sure if it was in the traffic lane, it is stoopid to ride abreast, but in the part of the road where cars should not be driving?

It's just such a dangerous Road. Quartering off each other would be so much better. 100 zone, and lots of trucks, especially tankers coming from the depot...

Not driving no, but I was cycling. Anybody who knows this road would know that the trucks use the yellow lane in order to keep the traffic flowing. There must have been about 15 cars behind the tanker before he could pass them and moved out the way. It only takes one idiot in his car lose his cool. Bad road to ride like this.

ding ding ding.....

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx198/waynedude/crazy-grandmas-fighting.gif

Wtf

Brilliant GIF

So, what's the alternative? Don't cycle this road then? Oh wait, what were you doing again? That' right, cycling this road. With a camera/cellphone in your hand. I'm just wondering if you actually thought things through before you made this thread ... what was your point again?

Riding back from the Cradle this morning I rode behind this lot. All the way up form Muldersdrift down Hendrik Potgieter. On two occasions the guy in black on the mtb drifted over the yellow line. Ones in front of a Double cab and the second time a LPG tanker. I would like to know if they have a death wish or just plain stupid. This is just one of the most dangerous roads on the Westrand.

Thats a roadie wif knobblies....

Any MOUNTAIN biker worth 1/2 their salt wouldnt be on the road when there's a perfect bit of ST on the left :whistling:

post-20718-0-24302300-1398582408_thumb.jpg

Let me get this straight;:

- so cyclists are supposed to ride in the road. But because motorists are impatient f*cks who think the road belongs to them only, it is too dangerous;

- therefore, cyclists ride in the yellow lane (where they and motorists are not supposed to ride) to avoid the wrath of these motorists;

- now you get upset about them not letting vehicles through in the yellow lane or about ONE of them riding in the road where he is actually supposed to be riding, but can't because of the shitty attitude of South African drivers?

Did you actually stop to think of what you were saying before putting fingers to keyboard? I think not.

In the civilised world, cyclists ride in the road (even two abreast!) and motorists treat them like other road users, give them space and overtake when safe to do so.

You post is totally screwballed...