Motorist attacked by cyclists Chappies / Hout Bay

Red Zone

Try reading the post again. He came from behind us and passed us at approximately the speed mentioned.

So yes, as he went by he gave the middle figure and yes as we could see him driving away (in front of us) middle finger in the air. And no, I'm not exaggerating or blowing the situation out of proportion.

Please show me where in the post I mentioned the fact that he cam from the front???? If he did then he'd be driving on the wrong side of the road....what a genius you are!

This is what happened ...fact. I have six witnesses to testify to his aggressive driving and intent to do bodily harm to fellow road users, who in this instance where not riding several abreast or across the road....If, as he alleges damages were done to his vehicle and also to his person, please I beg you, to ask him to show the pictures that he was so eager to take or provide witnesses to the event.

Wake up! If you don't have anything sensible to say, then rather say nothing ....you're embarrassing yourself

Sorry my bad. You sure do get agro quickly. I still want to see someone driving down there at 120km/h. And you initiated contact by opening his door, but why? Oh I forgot, you get agro quickly.

I'm not condoning his actions at all, just asking relevant questions.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On Monday my wife and i were driving up Chappies to take our doggies for their walk at around 5/5.30ish and stopped at the stop n go going up. We followed 2 lady cyclists up at a slow speed, not wanting to overtake because the lane was very narrow.

Anyway this tit in a landrover behind us starts hooting to get me to pass. As i glanced in the rear view mirror he had his hands up in a WTF gesture. So i drove slower and he kept on hooting. Of course at this time the 2 ladies were getting quite aggitated and when i did eventually manage to pass them , asked my wife to open the window and apologize to them.

In case the 2 lady cyclists are on the hub and didnt hear as we drove past, we deeply regret the actions of the clown behind us for giving motorists as bad name.Please accept this as an apology

Actually what i was hoping for was that the idiot in the white landrover behind us would actually stop behind us when we did stop at blackburn ravine parking lot because I'm sure 28 odd years of martial and street combat training would've got some good practice on him...ha ha

Did the Chapmans Peak drive today taking some friends who are out from Belgium and I will say that people drive like absolute twats along that road, with all of the incidents I encountered being Capetonian registered cars.

I was being overtaken on solid white lines on blind corners, was being tailgated cause I was driving at the speed limit, which is 40km/h, hooted at 'cause I was waiting behind some cyclists till it was safe to pass.

Some folks are just so self righteous, they need a good PK.

So here's the real story.... I was there.

A youngster in a white 4 x 4 comes flying down the hill from the top of Chappies towards Hout Bay, at anything from 100 - 120 km/ h.

There is no opposing traffic on the road, but he chooses to drive (at speed) literally 1 - 2cm past a cyclist who is in front of me and riding on the left, in single file.

We are all visibly shaken by how close this idiot has screamed past us and raise our voices as he passes. The driver responds by giving us the middle finger, further antagonising the cyclists, and continues to accelerate down the hill in the direction of Hout Bay.

At the stop and go, the car is stopped to let traffic come up from the Hout Bay side. The angry cyclists have now caught up to the driver, and tap on the car's window and ask the driver what his problem is? The driver proceeds to give the cyclists lip and act like a big brass behind a closed window....only, he forgets to lock the car door, so the cyclists open the door and an argument ensues.

At no time was his car banged, or was he held around the neck. In fact he was never touched. Rather, he was scared shitless that he was going to get the hiding of his life. (I think he pissed in his pants at that point).

Cyclists are not always right, but neither are all drivers. This young whiper snapper almost got his ass kicked, but we chose to let the matter pass, in the hope that he would have learned a lesson. Yes he took photos of cyclists riding off,,,proving what?

There are always two sides to every story. In this case the driver was at fault, putting lives at risk. Had the cyclist moved a centimetre to the right at that exact moment, he would be dead today. (So much for the 1.5 m law).

I wonder how many times he complains every time a taxi cuts him off or drives erratically....I'm guessing he shouts a lot, but does zero!

Hi Skippy.

Please PM me your contact details and I will get them to MEC Robin Carlisle so you can lay the appropriate charges with the police, especially the 1m passing law charges, and so the other side of the story can be told. We need cases to be brought to court to start enforcing this new law, for it to work.

Did the Chapmans Peak drive today taking some friends who are out from Belgium and I will say that people drive like absolute twats along that road, with all of the incidents I encountered being Capetonian registered cars.

I was being overtaken on solid white lines on blind corners, was being tailgated cause I was driving at the speed limit, which is 40km/h, hooted at 'cause I was waiting behind some cyclists till it was safe to pass.

Some folks are just so self righteous, they need a good PK.

PK doesn't work. rear bicycle wheel thru the drivers window then get a mate to pepper spray the driver and then a good few PK's. be sure to wear neutral - no name brand - cycling kit and buff pulled as far down over the ears as possible. :blink: ooops , i'm out of here.

There is a pic on the PPA facebook page...@ Skippy ...was this the cyclist..?

Don't know if I copied the link correctly... :wacko:

www.facebook.com/pedalpowerassociation/photos/a.268424429892144.65383.267873316613922/687171208017462/?type=1&relevant_count=1

So here's the real story.... I was there.

A youngster in a white 4 x 4 comes flying down the hill from the top of Chappies towards Hout Bay, at anything from 100 - 120 km/ h.

There is no opposing traffic on the road, but he chooses to drive (at speed) literally 1 - 2cm past a cyclist who is in front of me and riding on the left, in single file.

We are all visibly shaken by how close this idiot has screamed past us and raise our voices as he passes. The driver responds by giving us the middle finger, further antagonising the cyclists, and continues to accelerate down the hill in the direction of Hout Bay.

At the stop and go, the car is stopped to let traffic come up from the Hout Bay side. The angry cyclists have now caught up to the driver, and tap on the car's window and ask the driver what his problem is? The driver proceeds to give the cyclists lip and act like a big brass behind a closed window....only, he forgets to lock the car door, so the cyclists open the door and an argument ensues.

At no time was his car banged, or was he held around the neck. In fact he was never touched. Rather, he was scared shitless that he was going to get the hiding of his life. (I think he pissed in his pants at that point).

Cyclists are not always right, but neither are all drivers. This young whiper snapper almost got his ass kicked, but we chose to let the matter pass, in the hope that he would have learned a lesson. Yes he took photos of cyclists riding off,,,proving what?

There are always two sides to every story. In this case the driver was at fault, putting lives at risk. Had the cyclist moved a centimetre to the right at that exact moment, he would be dead today. (So much for the 1.5 m law).

I wonder how many times he complains every time a taxi cuts him off or drives erratically....I'm guessing he shouts a lot, but does zero!

It would be sufficient to put the pic of his wet panties on twitter. You did take one? Surely?

PK doesn't work. rear bicycle wheel thru the drivers window then get a mate to pepper spray the driver and then a good few PK's. be sure to wear neutral - no name brand - cycling kit and buff pulled as far down over the ears as possible. :blink: ooops , i'm out of here.

Its people like you that cause the problem for us as cyclists who are trying to convince motorists that we have rights. Please I urge you to remove your radical post regarding the incitement of violence, this is not the answer.

My bike and I were once attacked by several Chappies fynbos while innocently free falling down the cliff on a nice windy Argus day...

:lol: LOL - I ride Chappies weekly and I still crack a smile every time I descend past 'Wez-O's right hand sweep' as I recall the comical sight of you and your bike disappearing into the fynbos right before my eyes.

...again, glad you're okay. It could have been nasty.

For safety sake I would like to suggest that cyclists go through the stop and go section at the back of the convoy.This cuts down on driver frustration at having to wait for the cyclists to clear this narrow section and will prevent cyclists being clipped by cars\mirrors

Its people like you that cause the problem for us as cyclists who are trying to convince motorists that we have rights. Please I urge you to remove your radical post regarding the incitement of violence, this is not the answer.

Clearly you were at the back of the 'sense of humour' queue.

@Skippy ..was this the dude..?

PPA is looking for this cyclist...regarding some incident ... :ph34r:

This is not the 'dude'. Rather the picture should be of the motorist who tried to run the cyclists down and then continued to try and verbally abuse them from the inside of his car.

Lets rather put his picture on the hub so that cyclists can see what an idiot really looks like.

For safety sake I would like to suggest that cyclists go through the stop and go section at the back of the convoy.This cuts down on driver frustration at having to wait for the cyclists to clear this narrow section and will prevent cyclists being clipped by cars\mirrors

And the cars that come up after the cyclists have been allowed to pass? They'll still be behind the cyclists!

Clearly you were at the back of the 'sense of humour' queue.

:clap: - someone on the same wavelength as me.

Edited by Omar