Kremetart training

NicoledeVilliers

Well I am comfortable doing a 100km so am wondering what the chances are of me entering now and survivng...

Edited by NicoledeVilliers

Well I am comfortable doing a 100km so am wondering what the chances are of me entering now and survivng...

Chances should be pretty good considering its broken up into 4 stages. Roughly 50km x 3 and 25km to the finish which allows recovery. Bear in mind that the slower you ride the less time you'll have to recover. Its a fantastic race.

what was your argus or 94.7 time? sub 3?

You'll be fine.

Kremetart is not that hard.

What catches a lot of guys and girls out is the stopping and eating in between.

I have not done a 120+ ride in over 4 months and I know I'll survive....just. ;)

Stage 3 is the bastards child.....last 10km undulating and hot and the last 800m will feel like 5 gazillion kilometres!

Last stage is a 10km drag, 10km downhill free to the finish.

Definitely my highlight of the year.

you'll be fine

If you can do the 94.7 you can do the Kremetart. The trick is to pace yourself on the first climb and then find a decent bunch to stick with for stage 3.

As spaaidy says, it's definitely the highlight of the year.

You should be fine. First stage starts with a long climb and the 3rd stage ends (as Spinnekop put it...) on a bastatrds child of a climb. Bearing in mind it is at the end of 150 odd KM at that stage... Last stage is short and fine. Make sure you get the right amount of good quality calories over the day as well as sufficient electrolytes otherwise you will run out of fuel - cramps, hitting the wall etc...

Good luck!

Edited by BDF

Jealous much..

http://media0.giphy.com/media/vJJBNWygJucuI/giphy.gif

Too much, after seeing your lily white body Im just too giddy!! Swoon :P I don't know what I'm missing.......

MY LUNCH!!

post-57454-0-19011500-1401101888_thumb.jpg

Edited by blondeonabike

You should be fine. First stage starts with a long climb and the 3rd stage ends (as Spinnekop put it...) on a bastatrds child of a climb. Bearing in mind it is at the end of 150 odd KM at that stage... Last stage is short and fine. Make sure you get the right amount of good quality calories over the day as well as sufficient electrolytes otherwise you will run out of fuel - cramps, hitting the wall etc...

Good luck!

The chowing and drinking is very important. Don't rely on the chow given at the stops!