Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I service my own bike. It was cheaper to buy the filters from KTM than Startline. I use aftermarket pads, chain and sprockets. Tyres you shop around for.The stuff that breaks comes from KTM and it's not that much more than other brands.

If you buy everything from them then yeah I suppose it would be but the same could be said for other brands as well.

Anyway, my bike puts a big smile on my face and it's hard to put a price on that...

:clap:  :thumbup:

Morning all,

I want to make an aluminium helmet chin mount mount for GoPro, similar to the one in the photo.

I am finding it difficult to source a small piece of aluminium plate about 500mm by 500mm x 2.4mm. all suppliers wil only sell me 2m sheets!

Anyone know of a place in Cape Town which will sell smaller pieces?

Cheers and Merry Xmas to all.

post-43622-0-74968700-1608278234_thumb.jpg

I have a KTM riding friend who has the opposite opinion on parts pricing ... but he does love his bike

He might be on to something.

My mate has the same insurance as me, and when he went from a GS to a KTM - even though the KTM was a more expensive overall bike - his premium came down. Apparently, this is due to the fact that they are cheaper to fix - spares and parts overall. This holds true for Honda Africa Twins as well.

Link here:

http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=246821.msg4426648#msg4426648

KTM i had was no more expensive to keep going than any other make. I think these fallacies originate from when Butch was the only guy running ktm and he had a monopoly. 

All bike parts are dear these days. just one of those things. The cost of maintaining a supply and parts bins in warehouses is high. 

Morning all,

I want to make an aluminium helmet chin mount mount for GoPro, similar to the one in the photo.

I am finding it difficult to source a small piece of aluminium plate about 500mm by 500mm x 2.4mm. all suppliers wil only sell me 2m sheets!

Anyone know of a place in Cape Town which will sell smaller pieces?

Cheers and Merry Xmas to all.

attachicon.gifChin mount.jpg

They are probably already all closed but it might work out cheaper and easier to take a sketch to a laser cutting place and get them to cut and bend it for you. Doubt you'll even make the minimum charge with something that small.

KTM i had was no more expensive to keep going than any other make. I think these fallacies originate from when Butch was the only guy running ktm and he had a monopoly. 

All bike parts are dear these days. just one of those things. The cost of maintaining a supply and parts bins in warehouses is high. 

have learnt the last while that BM Oem parts are not necessarily cheaper elsewhere.

bought some really farking expensive motor oil from aftermarket places before I found out BM oil costs just over R100 per litre.

Bm fork seal kit ( bushes seals springs etc) For the same as only seals and wipers from aftermarket supplier) 

part availability? Bm will have whatever I need within 24h or ordering from the stealership.  

I am looking at Harley's again ......... if all things pan out I should hopefully be on a bike by the end of the first quarter of the new year!

Praat jy nog steeds.......wanneer doen jy nou n slag......[emoji12]

Praat jy nog steeds.......wanneer doen jy nou n slag......[emoji12]

I plan and review tons and months before laying down cash for big items.

By the time I get to the point that I can make the purchase then I am hopefully reasonably"educated" and can make decisions quickly if I find a good deal.

Do the exact same thing with bicycles all the time.

I plan and review tons and months before laying down cash for big items.

By the time I get to the point that I can make the purchase then I am hopefully reasonably"educated" and can make decisions quickly if I find a good deal.

Do the exact same thing with bicycles all the time.

:thumbup: I can relate.

My wife was rolling her her eyes at me when we bought her last car... I had spreadsheets comparing the different vehicles we were looking at!!   :lol: