• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Andrew_Smith said:

This speaks to me... 🤤

spacer.png

I can see why. It's the look of a carefree, freewheeling kind of lifestyle with the call of the open road - with off-road ability thrown in. It's an image which I guess we all buy into with our own interpretation of how we get happiness from our bikes. Man, bikes make it good to be alive and Hairy echoes my feelings on this thread. Keep going boys. 

Have done very little riding over the past 4/5 months but I'm on the upgrade path again.

Earlier this year after removing the Cat, I installed the Meerkat X-pipe and then installed the Cone Shorty Performer exhausts. After running the bike for 12 minutes the Triumph ECU is supposed to re-calibrate itself and take into account the changes made.

I've decided though to re-map the ECU with a custom tune from one of the largest Triumph tune mappers in the US https://dnktuneworks.com/

Just waiting for the OBDLink LX to arrive from Amazon.

Will let you know whether the DIY mapping works or if I total my ECU. 

Just got back from a meeting in Noordhoek now (I live in Sunningdale / Table View area). 

I consulted my friends at Windguru before I left, and they said the weather would be overcast, but no rain.

Left here at just before 5pm and hit the first bit of rain around Woodstock, this lasted for the remainder of my journey.

Coming home was exactly the same, except when leaving the clients home, it was now dark, as in pitch black dark. So dark I took out my flash light to find my bike on his property.....yes, it is a big place.

The ride back was with a good bit of traffic going home in the opposite direction to me, all the way over the mountain and down Ou Kaapse Weg .... with faarrrr too many cars running their brights.

All the way from the client, till just past town was constantly raining, then in Paarden Island it cleared up nicely again till Sunset Beach where it was foggy as heck.

Considering the above, I was riding at a civilised pace till the roads were drying closer to home. 

Should I have taken a car through that mess this afternoon the trip would have taken twice as long.

Should I have taken the car this evening I would not have had a flipping awesome night ride on the bike.....I really love this bike and the experience of riding her.

#BestBikeEvaTillTheNewOneComesAtSomePointInTime

I've done something similar on the coast road. Do you also get that feeling of being out there on your own, despite the traffic and the feeling of solitude in your own cocoon in the dark

So there are scammers on Youtube that have reached out to me on both Matt Laidlaw and Bikes and Beards channels.

Scum bags follow up on a comment one makes with their Telegram@(Whichever channel they are trying to rip off) with a comment that one should contact them.

The catch is they use the channels logo and try and make it look like it is legit. Once you approach them on Telegram they then try to get you to follow some or other link attached to their "shipping department".

image.png

image.png

The a quick way to make sure it is the same scumbags, click on their username and it takes you here on YT
image.png

So I approached them on the Telegram link sent via Matt Laidlaws channel ....

This is just a heads up and thanks for the great content.

image.png.759f11efb76e4ae2c926586bfb9d301e.png

image.png.426bee4c100b2c158da902c4cca47b1a.png

I also see they have changed their logo and name again, so I assume they are conning a different channel again.

Anyway, I am waiting for them to reply and play along before I tell them I sent them a bag of dicks.

On 7/1/2022 at 9:06 AM, Hairy said:

Not sure if any of you have been following Marc on his travels?

Only recently been watching, but enjoying his trips.

I'm enjoying his trips as well 

• 2 weeks later...

The vest and helmet = 'Merica ...............................

EDIT: The link will open at the vest and helmet 'Merica guy

Edited by Hairy

On 6/28/2022 at 6:19 PM, Hairy said:

So it sounds like the front brake pads are rubbing again .......................... 

%^#$%^#^& Brakes are back to where they were before ... been trying to contact the bro since last week and he is always out, or I forget for a few days with work pressure .... going to have to do a drive by tomorrow!

We were talking sounds clips a couple of pages back, but the feedback has been slow to zero.

Here is a quick clip from mine this morning.