Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

Fitted spots to G650X from Extreme Lights since the stock OEM bulb is really poor for night/early morning riding, as well as overall visiblity during daytime.

Cannot take any credit for the fitment, I have an awesome friend that helped me with the whole setup.
Still need to test out the sturdiness on a gravel/bumpy road but seems to be doing fine on the road.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Danger Dassie said:

Constantly on and off with holding onto my bike. ATM it's just not feasible with everything else going on and if I'm honest with myself, overkill for where I am now. 
So after the speech, heres a for sale link for those interested to take a look and/or pass around - https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/429548962432572/ 

That first pic should score the sale ASAP with an extra over the cost offer

image.png.5296b18bb16e881c7921216e0eef037b.png

Dude, give the bike a wash and set up in a lekker spot for lekker pics and it will help the sale.

On 6/3/2022 at 3:21 PM, Hairy said:

That first pic should score the sale ASAP with an extra over the cost offer

image.png.5296b18bb16e881c7921216e0eef037b.png

Dude, give the bike a wash and set up in a lekker spot for lekker pics and it will help the sale.

Cheers, the sticker is very much a lucky rabbits foot kind of thing. 

All in on the photos etc, however the bike has been standing and I'm loath to start it without a good check, so now getting it properly polished and moved for photos etc  is more time which is money, that Im already juggling.
It's clean, has up to date clear images and info. It will have to do for now.

I love Ryan F9's videos, always very exciting and fun to watch.

Seems that we all need to get a 50cc scoot next to our primary bikes. 😜

2 hours ago, Andrew_Smith said:

@Hairy did you commute in this weather today?

Nope, I have been working from home since Covid .... but have cycled to work and back in similar / worse weather before, and I have also seen some bad weather last winter on the bike to Franschhoek and back a few times.

So you know how we rip into poor LBS workshops .... well I learnt a good lesson the last few days. When I have chilled out a little I will break it down, but in a nutshell next time I will rather bleed my own brakes.

2 hours ago, Hairy said:

So you know how we rip into poor LBS workshops .... well I learnt a good lesson the last few days. When I have chilled out a little I will break it down, but in a nutshell next time I will rather bleed my own brakes.

Sounds like a interesting story.

20 hours ago, WaynejG said:

Sounds like a interesting story.

Will first let the story play out to it's end before I post here, that should hopefully be by close of business tomorrow.

Hopefully.

BRAKE BLEED: In a nutshell bullet format 

• go around to workshop on 2 x different occasions to book in. 1st time guy is out, 2nd time guy is sick, 3rd time I called and arranged to meet him for the bleed
  • get told 30min - 1hr
  • opens up reservoir, brakes were clearly bled years ago. nice and dirty.
  • cleans out and starts flushing
  • this takes forever. turns out they do not have a bleed kit and the bro has been pumping away at the lever all the time, with the banjo/hose disconnected from the caliper. I take over pumping duties for a while
  • start loosing patience as he now says he thinks there is a blockage and he would have to buy a bleed kit.
  • ok cool, call the wife to pick me up
  • contacts me the next morning to tell me he did not see he needs an adapter for the bleed kit to tie into his compressor. Needs to go back to get this
  • call him later in the day to see if I can pick up the bike, he says oh no, the bleed valve/nipple is stripped and he will have to try and find a new one. I find one in minutes and he says will go get it, but I would only get the bike on Monday
  • lunchtime today I call .... techie is not at work today, and no one can get hold of him. Called again asking if they got the valve, manager kind of guy had/has no idea they needed to get this. 
  • apparently someone has gone by his home to see if he is there / alright / alive
  • my tone is still civil, but my wording is very particular .... all they can currently do is apologise profusely 
  • The valve is R45, will be interesting to see what they are going to want to charge me for this eventually.

Patience is wearing thin now.
R300 gets me a nice bleeding kit from Adendorf .... this is what I will be doing next time as based on the university of Youtube it looks to be far easier than doing a really good SRAM brake bleed.

EDIT 01:

• They still can not get hold of the tech guy
  • Been told I can make use of their shop scooter if I need wheels, their shop Fat Bob is needing one or two tweaks before it can be ridden
  • Manager type dude is very apologetic
  • I asked what plan B is if they can not find this guy tomorrow.... manager dude apparently has someone that they can use to do the work.
Edited by Hairy