Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The Wee bike has been collected in Debben and begun the long journey to Hoekwil via Josie. I hope the poor little thing is not terrified of the big smoke! Little bike after all. 
i am going to build an elevated display stand above my DT125 and RS 125 for the little machine to chill while I have custody of her!IMG-20231130-WA0009.jpeg.083aca58d52f03785a98a527e2840808.jpeg

Edited by Spokey
Because I cannot spell when excited!

My 60th is approaching rapidly and I decided to forgo a big party at home. I am doing what I want to do and the Missus is backing it all the way……..

So, on a bike theme, we are going to camp in Baviaans, my adult kids and my brother are coming from Joburg. They will all drive the various vehicles while I go on a bike.   My Birthday….My choice ha ha. I am fortunate to have a choice of several dirt bikes, KTM 1190, KTM 690 Rally, KLR 650 and new Yammy T7.  I am taking my KLR650…..

My reasons…….despite the 690 being lighter I think my KLR is a good choice. Centre stand in case of punctures. Easy to sort if dumped in the water at Smitskraal and easy to get my boots on the ground.  And above all, I promised that bike a Baviaans adventure…..true bikers will get that!

IMG_3889.jpeg

Edited by Spokey
Can’t spell think under pressure of posting!

10 hours ago, Spokey said:

My 60th is approaching rapidly and I decided to forgo a big party at home. I am doing what I want to do and the Missus is backing it all the way……..

So, on a bike theme, we are going to camp in Baviaans, my adult kids and my brother are coming from Joburg. They will all drive the various vehicles while I go on a bike.   My Birthday….My choice ha ha. I am fortunate to have a choice of several dirt bikes, KTM 1190, KTM 690 Rally, KLR 650 and new Yammy T7.  I am taking my KLR650…..

My reasons…….despite the 690 being lighter I think my KLR is a good choice. Centre stand in case of punctures. Easy to sort if dumped in the water at Smitskraal and easy to get my boots on the ground.  And above all, I promised that bike a Baviaans adventure…..true bikers will get that!

IMG_3889.jpeg

Flipping awesome, have a great birthday getaway .... sounds like a trip that will form core memories for the whole team.

A friend just went out and did the Baviaans this weekend for the first time, and by sounds of things it will not be the last time he treks out there either.

1 hour ago, Hairy said:

Flipping awesome, have a great birthday getaway .... sounds like a trip that will form core memories for the whole team.

A friend just went out and did the Baviaans this weekend for the first time, and by sounds of things it will not be the last time he treks out there either.

Tis one of my favourite places in the world. We will travel back from Patensie via the Antoniesburg Pass to Steytlerville.

Moons ago we spent 2 days in Bavarians kloof and slept over in the cave. Fond memories of that time. Could hear the wild animals at night. One of the best nights of my life that. 

enjoy. 

7 hours ago, RocknRolla said:

Baviaans is on my list. 
As is Die Hel. 
On the note of B-day rides: some of my Hilton weekend is loaded on WDs

Die Hel is great too. I have done a day ride in and out from Hoekwil on the KLR.  Was thinking of heading there later this month.  I am truly lucky to live where there are beautiful loops of 4 hours to the whole day. Swartburg Pass return via De Rust, Prince Alfreds Pass via Kamanasie valley, Rooiburg Pass etc. Many splendid connecting roads too, north and south of the Outeniquas and Swartbug mountains.

Will take a look at WD’s!

I have been seeing a couple of the BMW S1000XR bikes around, and it kind of appeals to me.

Any of you riff raff thrown a leg over one yet?

image.png.4151fa6ca8ea74dda064c16adf08c737.png

3 hours ago, Hairy said:

I have been seeing a couple of the BMW S1000XR bikes around, and it kind of appeals to me.

Any of you riff raff thrown a leg over one yet?

image.png.4151fa6ca8ea74dda064c16adf08c737.png

If memory serves me, Manic on Wild Dogs has had one. He was rather impressed. 

1 hour ago, Gnarly said:

We have one of these in shop today.... Looks pretty good. Guy testing it says quite a bit down on HP, suspension not bad, same as Showa. price is quite a bit lower than other rally bikes. 

IMG_6945.jpg.a2de9f3ad766c2b797a458b8784a48ad.jpg

IMG_6944.jpg.92e6bfed8f76b2a8ce30caca3ed1f8dc.jpg

IMG_6943.jpg.38fb00bfd257fa25be749a1a8af7e1cd.jpg

Would be curious RE spares / parts for the KOVE's as I see they are more JHB based.