Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Spokey said:

I promised myself to wait until well into the year but this has caught my eye…….would look great next to the 2022 T7 with its similar paint scheme.IMG_0852.jpeg.fd18969b95a1b5e742b4d98f45ac8d50.jpegIMG_0853.jpeg.de11fd1f3d4bf76e49df99ecfec3600c.jpeg

Back in the 80s my mate had the TT version. Damn we had fun with that bike. And we lived. 

On 2/9/2024 at 2:43 PM, WaynejG said:

Sad that you have to sell the HD but it is what it is.

I know there will be a Harley in my future again. Be it as a primary bike, or a secondary one.

What sunk the two bike garage was buying the new family car end of last year, and donating the ex. family car to my eldest.

BUT I was 3 x KTM 990 adventures parked outside Doodles on the way home a little earlier and I got so excited seeing them, that I am now looking forward to the next bike option/s.

Edited by Hairy

Easter weekend bike trip loading:

I’m showing my mate from CT some KZN roads and FS roads.

Day 1 JHB woesrand to Fouriesburg

Day 2 Fouriesburg to Underburg via not one straight road

Day 3 Sani up-down to Winterton/Bergville 

Day 4 winterton/Bergville to the Woesrand.

Accommodation all in B&Bs ( we are both closer to 50 than we are to 20) must say, there are some reasonably priced places out there) 

Will definitely port a ride report.

Edited by RocknRolla

On 2/8/2024 at 3:11 PM, Spokey said:

I promised myself to wait until well into the year but this has caught my eye…….would look great next to the 2022 T7 with its similar paint scheme.IMG_0852.jpeg.fd18969b95a1b5e742b4d98f45ac8d50.jpegIMG_0853.jpeg.de11fd1f3d4bf76e49df99ecfec3600c.jpeg

I love those 600' and have had a TT600 and an XR600 but both, even after servicing, would let me down not starting. Trying to push start in Kosi Bay sand or at Katse Lodge got old very quickly. Since then it has been estart all the way (like ebike 👺).

On 2/2/2024 at 3:41 PM, Spokey said:

Both gorgeous, man, that 990 is something lekka for my collection! Please Do Not reveal where it is, nor its price ha ha! See if you can ride the 1190, that acceleration will make you smile! Then take the traction control off…… On a serious note, I find the TC on these bikes to be excellent, you do not feel it being intrusive as I have heard can be so on other models. The dirt mode allows ample spin up when required. It still has 100hp in dirt and rain mode. I use Rain mode too when on the tar in the wet. If not it easily spins the back wheel on a top gear acceleration from 100 kph to pass traffic! LC8 engine is magic…..that thing will sound awesome with that pipe.

sorry…..rambling now……you realise too that I am an 1190 fanboy! 

I am not saying you should look at this, but I am not saying you should not either.

+- 41000km on the clock, 2012, 30th Anniversary Edition.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/771166251536666/?referralSurface=messenger_lightspeed_banner&referralCode=messenger_banner 

Product photo of '12 KTM 990 Adventure 114 hp

So I did a thing...

Back in the year 2000 I bought one of my bucket list bikes... an old aircooled Beemer and for years it was my daily ride, but then family and life etc happened and it has been standing in my garage for years now gathering dust and in need of more and more TLC as time passed.  In the back of my mind I always hoped to do a full restoration or a customization but I realised realistically that was not going to happen anytime soon.

At the same time I really wanted something to ride with my son, and so I was looking online and found a guy willing to trade...  So we did...

And so, in the words of Monty Python, "And now for something completely different": 

WhatsAppImage2024-02-20at12_54.35_8990ffd1.jpg.74200bb25c786e5ea5fc82cff87ac16b.jpg

I've always wanted to try trials, so here we go!! 😁

17 hours ago, Stoffel76 said:

So I did a thing...

Back in the year 2000 I bought one of my bucket list bikes... an old aircooled Beemer and for years it was my daily ride, but then family and life etc happened and it has been standing in my garage for years now gathering dust and in need of more and more TLC as time passed.  In the back of my mind I always hoped to do a full restoration or a customization but I realised realistically that was not going to happen anytime soon.

At the same time I really wanted something to ride with my son, and so I was looking online and found a guy willing to trade...  So we did...

And so, in the words of Monty Python, "And now for something completely different": 

WhatsAppImage2024-02-20at12_54.35_8990ffd1.jpg.74200bb25c786e5ea5fc82cff87ac16b.jpg

I've always wanted to try trials, so here we go!! 😁

Great stuff; let the Hub know how you go. I dabbled once, an Ossa, but enduro took up my time back then although you quickly realise how very different the skills needed are to every day riding (and how easily you can scare yourself snotless at 10km/hr).

2 hours ago, mazambaan said:

Great stuff; let the Hub know how you go. I dabbled once, an Ossa, but enduro took up my time back then although you quickly realise how very different the skills needed are to every day riding (and how easily you can scare yourself snotless at 10km/hr).

I dabbled with a KTM enduro bike years ago. Other than bouncing around in the bush on an old XT500, I had only ridden road before that. The fun factor was off the chart but I realised I needed more skills...

Hopefully this old dog can learn a few new tricks... 😄

Honda are currently offering a 50K discount on the Africa Twins ... in conversation with them today, the CT branch, you can get the manual on the road for just under R205K

image.png.179900636aae9bd074a13fc1307e02c6.png

22 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Honda are currently offering a 50K discount on the Africa Twins ... in conversation with them today, the CT branch, you can get the manual on the road for just under R205K

image.png.179900636aae9bd074a13fc1307e02c6.png

Wow, excellent price that. New model coming out so gotta clear stock. 

read an article that Honda in Europe have sold around 250 000 DCT Motorcycles. Quite amazing actually. 

on another note, don’t know if you get the BMW CE04 in ZA. Thye available here at around 13 grand. Not seen on on the road in the uk only in dealerships. Was in Paris last week and saw loads of them in the city. Seem popular even at the price