Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

Lekker BSG; those first bikes are sooo good; freedom and fun.

Try get some training for him (I went to a Country Trax thing a few years ago and learnt plenty, even after 30 years of riding dirt bikes) and ATGATT, unless you have this covered.

Was thinking about something like that because it helps a great deal and gives one more confidence. Thanks

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol - I saw the ad.  They seem pretty good hey.  I have a mag with a UK launch test and that bike had a white frame - I figured if I ever bought one, I would want one with a white frame....

Let me know if you decide not to take them - I might actually go and look

Deal is done and I should get the bikes on Friday.

Quite excited. One I will nod I reckon, some of the standard parts, like brakes, will be used on my RD as an upgrade there too so killing many birds with a single stone.

The other will be a bike for the missus, if she can handle it. If it is too much power or physically too big I will probably flog it for a smaller bike for her.

Part if me is a little jealous but the other is really happy that you did the deal.  And I'm glad for the missus too - she's going to love the bike - they are really easy to ride.

I am still in that horrible "did I make right decision or not" loop, mostly because of the unknown but I am really excited too.

I'll dig out that road test I have and scan it in for you.  That will put your mind at ease.

In fact, we're both in Pretoria dammit - why don't you come over sometime and have a beer - you can see the Scrambler in real life.....

I'll dig out that road test I have and scan it in for you.  That will put your mind at ease.

In fact, we're both in Pretoria dammit - why don't you come over sometime and have a beer - you can see the Scrambler in real life.....

PM  me your details, sounds like a plan....

have any of you seen the ducati scrambler??

One stopped next to me this morning at a traffic light. show very very cool bike

I saw the Desert Sled version in CT this past weekend when we were down at the Duathlon.  It looked really really nice.  Until I saw the price - R175000.....

eina!

I saw the Desert Sled version in CT this past weekend when we were down at the Duathlon.  It looked really really nice.  Until I saw the price - R175000.....

Also seriously under-powered because of the engine selection.

have any of you seen the ducati scrambler??

One stopped next to me this morning at a traffic light. show very very cool bike

Do yourself a favor and find out what the services cost. The cheapest service my mate had on his Duke was R8k. Basically no dealer support outside Jozi. Styling is awesome, Brand is to drool for. Just don’t buy one with your own money.

I wouldn't mind seeing the article as the owner said the white frame was not original......

Nice article on the TRX in the Feb 2018 edition of Classic Motorcycle Mechanics magazine. If you like I can screen shot the pages and email to you. I just have the iPad subscription.

Hi guys What do you think is a good price for a 2004/5 KTM 950 adventure? 

I have seen some for as low as R50k and then guys still trying to get R90k for them.

I would say around R60kish.

I heard from a guy about issue with the Katoom's swingers. Apparently they wear through where the main axle goes through. Happened enough times for him to warned off of them. Just FYI, don't have any idea of the autheticity of this issue though.