Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Full Throttle has closed,down.... almost an institution really...borne from the old Barry’s place down end street for us older baaaarkers.

And I see Lorenzo to Honda for 2019....now that he just got the bike working he leaving. Bound to have fireworks in the HMRC garage.

So Full Throttle has closed,down.... almost an institution really...borne from the old Barry’s place down end street for us older baaaarkers.

And I see Lorenzo to Honda for 2019....now that he just got the bike working he leaving. Bound to have fireworks in the HMRC garage.

Pity about Full Trottle. Shopping there ( many years ago ) made me feel like a young boy in a toy ship ( Must say I was always of the silent opinion that it was not well managed and that they were merely riding the motorcycling bubble).

My mates son did a trip from Cape Town to Kenya and back via Tuk Tuk

Would like to read about this expedition.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Pity about Full Trottle. Shopping there ( many years ago ) made me feel like a young boy in a toy ship ( Must say I was always of the silent opinion that it was not well managed and that they were merely riding the motorcycling bubble).

Of late their range has been poor and their pricing not so great.

I agree on the mismanagement. Lots of staff arsing around with really poor service and no product knowledge.

The way the liquidation happened was shocking. Saw the sign up on the door informing staff of the liquidation so they literally pitched up up at work not knowing they didn't have a job anymore, or thats the way it appears anyway.

Of late their range has been poor and their pricing not so great.

I agree on the mismanagement. Lots of staff arsing around with really poor service and no product knowledge.

The way the liquidation happened was shocking. Saw the sign up on the door informing staff of the liquidation so they literally pitched up up at work not knowing they didn't have a job anymore, or thats the way it appears anyway.

We were up in JHB late last year and I decided to pop into Full Throttle to get some gloves for my son and I. That's when I found out that the clearance and retail stores were now one store and the sales staff that were in the retail store were less than useful. Stock levels were very low and as you mentioned, a lot of people milling around not doing much.

Used to be a regular trip to Full Throttle when I was up that way. Guess we'll have to make do with Rocket Racing down here by the seaside.

Grebel,

What happened about your "driving offence" ticket?

Nothing so far. If I had the time, I would go to court and fight it. As much as it burns my arse, I am going to go to the local municipality offices on Saturday morning and just pay it.

Someone talked about motorbike carriers that fits onto your car after I've posted a picture on here of a camper that had one with a BMW F 650 GS on. Well I found this guy on Facebook who builts some as well.57883f93d8fca8c5b60200f3c5c96c01.jpg

How do those bike carriers work relative to the ball weight that towbars are designed to carry, something like 100kg max vs a 200kg bike?

How do those bike carriers work relative to the ball weight that towbars are designed to carry, something like 100kg max vs a 200kg bike?

Unfortunately I'm not sure, best will be to contact person who builts them. Sorry.

I have a similar bike carrier from XRad - works ok on a mid size vehicle - Discovery / Fortuner (IMHO). I have had a KTM 640 adventure on it - you could feel the weight but it held up ok for the 50km or so I used it. Lighter bikes are a breeze. Bit of a cumbersome towhitch fitting - it doesn't use the towball.