Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

Love this quote: It shook its steering head like a dog coming out of a swimming pool and the rear end hopped around like the frame had a hinge in the middle. All things considered, the only thing this bike did right was not leak around the gas cap.”

Yeah, and: "ran hot, detonated fiercely, stalled constantly and seized regularly."

I have no idea why I want one, but I do.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, and: "ran hot, detonated fiercely, stalled constantly and seized regularly."

I have no idea why I want one, but I do.

:D  Same here!!

• 2 weeks later...

Two.  That's just showing off...  ;) 

Been down to the SI then?

haha! I've been away for 3.5 weeks of the last 5 (Western Aus and the US), so my leave balance isn't looking too good. Unfortunately that meant no South Island bike relocation trip and I ended up just getting it shipped ($460).

Fortunately I rigged up a little $15 WiFi Relay to my garage door motor and was able to open and close the garage for the delivery guy while I was at the Carrol Shelby Museum in Las Vegas.

Better still, it doesn't look like he knicked anything, hahaha  :ph34r: :lol:

Edited by patches

Which of the two females dont like rain on her face? :)

The one with the long face, haha!

She's the wife (the original). The mistress (in stock guise) will be getting a makeover and ultimately replace the wife at the top of the food-chain.

Fortunately I rigged up a little $15 WiFi Relay to my garage door motor and was able to open and close the garage for the delivery guy while I was at the Carrol Shelby Museum in Las Vegas.

Better still, it doesn't look like he knicked anything, hahaha  :ph34r: :lol:

Damn, that's hi-tech scary...! He probably thought you'd have a camera on him too... 

So, I have secured a buyer for my RD350:)

Decent price too, it's my last bike.

Only little problem is it's not all in one piece currently, needs assembling:(

Let the buyer take it like that and assemble it himself. Will give him the necessary skills to look after / repair and service his bike himself in future.  :whistling:  :ph34r:

Edit: That's what I would have done if I bought another bike like that. (but then again, I'm a sucker for punishment .)

Edited by Wannabe

mate popped round last night having just taken delivery of the new T7....damn hat a beautiful motorbike. will see him again this weekend and take pics. Yamaha have a winner here for sure. Were I in the market for a dual sport again it would be in my shed no issue. ITs a tall bike though, will deter some. That motor is also well proven being in a variety of bikes already. 

Let the buyer take it like that and assemble it himself. Will give him the necessary skills to look after / repair and service his bike himself in future.  :whistling:  :ph34r:

Edit: That's what I would have done if I bought another bike like that. (but then again, I'm a sucker for punishment .)

I think for the asking price it needs to be up and running. Still need to sort out a police clearance.......

mate popped round last night having just taken delivery of the new T7....damn hat a beautiful motorbike. will see him again this weekend and take pics. Yamaha have a winner here for sure. Were I in the market for a dual sport again it would be in my shed no issue. ITs a tall bike though, will deter some. That motor is also well proven being in a variety of bikes already. 

Yeah the Tenere 700 has grown on me. Initially I was a little disappointed when the production model looked like a very watered down version of the T7 concept which they ran the world tour with.

It also happened to come out about the same time as the KTM 790 Adventure R, which caught my eye.

But the 790 came in at a very steep price (here in NZ). Approx R80,000 more than the Yamaha. The 790's bold looks have also faded fast on me. The Tenere looks better in the flesh than it does in pictures, and it's not stupidly priced.

1yr ago I would have sold a kidney to try get the 790. Given the choice now I'd go for the Tenere, and save myself a small fortune.