[Event] Freedom Challenge 2014

tubed

ahhh thanks shebeen...makes sense to me now.

Also I think riding with someone who has finished before might be a huge help...

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ahhh thanks shebeen...makes sense to me now.

Also I think riding with someone who has finished before might be a huge help...

Are you keen?

I am...no jokes. something different you know oom, ticks another box on my illustrious mtb career.

you?

I'm keen. My career is not very illustrious but we need to discuss this over a cold one. Maybe the R2R first?

I'm keen. My career is not very illustrious but we need to discuss this over a cold one. Maybe the R2R first?

I like....we dip our toes in the pool....

I am definitely keen...maybe try and convince chucks, mike etc and we should have a good crew. Huge humor

I am definitely keen...maybe try and convince chucks, mike etc and we should have a good crew. Huge humor

Sure Mike will be keen, not sure about skilzzzz. I heard it can be cold this time of the year.

Sure Mike will be keen, not sure about skilzzzz. I heard it can be cold this time of the year.

We just dress him like an eskimo...he is going to moan regardless. Won't be the same without him

you guys will make memories of a lifetime - RTR needs only a week or so off work, seems like you have most of the stuff you need, less is better

refer Ryanpmb and Percyzn, they got excited last year and this year they did a brilliant ride to Rhodes - think they enjoyed all the prep as much as the ride

Clint/ Trialwarrior

Clint is en route to Rhodes today with his trail partner Fanie, they deserve a special mention as I think it was touch and go in the early days as they seem to get hit with illness, falls and were generally shellshocked.

To their massive credit they stuck at it, got their heads in the game and are due to summit the Drakensberg and then ride on down to Rhodes later to day with a biggish group.

A great achievement, looking forward to posting when it is confirmed they are in Rhodes.

you guys will make memories of a lifetime - RTR needs only a week or so off work, seems like you have most of the stuff you need, less is better

refer Ryanpmb and Percyzn, they got excited last year and this year they did a brilliant ride to Rhodes - think they enjoyed all the prep as much as the ride

I am sold.... :thumbup:

Will give the maritzbara crew a call then...might even corner them at singlespeeds this year

Good to see all this interest getting piqued.

why wait for 2015??, ride2rhodes is 6 days, supported riding, in september. so it's not too cold, and not too hot.

http://www.freedomch...1&Itemid=100116

If I do decide to first try the R2R first then I would rather do the one that was finished last week . Surely you would want to see what conditions are like preparing for the challenge ?

If I do decide to first try the R2R first then I would rather do the one that was finished last week . Surely you would want to see what conditions are like preparing for the challenge ?

+1

Yea....agreed. I want the real conditions.

I am also itching for RTR next year. Love that part of the country, and an entirely different vibe than conventional stage races.

I think the cold and wind chill must be the most challenging factor.

Have a look here at a few dynamo hub and light combos. Apparently they are very energy efficient, and equipped with super-caps to enable it to shine at lower output for a few minutes even when your bike is stationary.

http://www.lynskey-sa.co.za/accessories.php

I am also itching for RTR next year. Love that part of the country, and an entirely different vibe than conventional stage races.

I think the cold and wind chill must be the most challenging factor.

Have a look here at a few dynamo hub and light combos. Apparently they are very energy efficient, and equipped with super-caps to enable it to shine at lower output for a few minutes even when your bike is stationary.

http://www.lynskey-s...accessories.php

My sentiment exactly....time for something different and fresh. :thumbup: