Hero Adventure Park at Heia Safari

Dunno how the race map will look but the only reason why I haven't done a race there (although I love to ride there) is that I can see how hard it will be to pass anyone here....

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spokey

Thanks for the mail , to be honest ,Late on the day entries are a nightmare and almost always upset people . but if you cant enter online wich is the best pop us a mail and lets see how we can help . this race is a extension of our brand and the park , and so EVERY PERSON is important

info@hero-adventure.com

or

www.hero-adventure.com

We have designed the routes in such a way to get the most fun out of them and that mean a lot of single track yes,

but for events I think you will be surprised . yes there will be places difficult to pass , but routes used , Direction and even new sections and how we use them should sort potential passing issues out

Hope to see you there .

Guys on another note re the Zero-2-Hero Event ,some people are calling asking if its just a social "fun ride" and must everyone dress up

short answer is NO ,

We are a group of okes really passionate about adventure sports and our brand is created around people . we built the park with the mission of creating a place where everyone ,Pro ,Social ,Young or Old has something to enjoy .We are far from perfect or the best , but we are striving to be the best . everything we do is done from feedback and advice , we look at a potential trail or event and think about what would be cool for us and you to enjoy and try make it happen from there

the event is just that , it has the serious side for those who are out to win it or do there best. if you want to wear your normal Kit that is cool , but then there is the fun side where we hope people will take mountain biking to a new level of entertainment where they dress up or come out for a day of fun with the family .Been a superhero is the theme so you take it from there . Dressing up does not make you a superhero . coming out , taking part and having a awesome day is in our eyes worthy of a Hero Tag

We Really hope you will all make the effort , spread the word and come have some fun with us

Spokey

Thanks for the mail , to be honest ,Late on the day entries are a nightmare and almost always upset people . but if you cant enter online wich is the best pop us a mail and lets see how we can help . this race is a extension of our brand and the park , and so EVERY PERSON is important

info@hero-adventure.com

or

www.hero-adventure.com

Thanks for that, nearer the time that I am due home in August, I will email you guys and see how it stands for a late entry. In the meantime I will be back in SA for 2 weeks from the week end as life takes a breather in the sand pit due to Ramadan. Will definitely be out to ride in early July!

• 4 weeks later...

Another great morning at HAP

post-6012-0-45345100-1405769913_thumb.jpg

post-6012-0-16968800-1405769933_thumb.jpg

Nice! Saw they had lekker water tables and stuff out for the athletes. Thats what sets these okes appart. Keep it up!!

I do have a gripe though.... :mellow:

Nothing from the Park's side ... but the riders.

It's something small, but I feel it just shows a lack of respect,

The parking lot is strewn with cut cable ties from the number boards :thumbdown:

How hard is it to either bin them once cut or ask the reception staff to bin them when handing the number board!!!?

I do have a gripe though.... :mellow:

Nothing from the Park's side ... but the riders.

It's something small, but I feel it just shows a lack of respect,

The parking lot is strewn with cut cable ties from the number boards :thumbdown:

How hard is it to either bin them once cut or ask the reception staff to bin them when handing the number board!!!?

Yeah +1 here, I have even started picking up the ones where I park as a start but really guys n gals just keep the 2 you used in your car and chuck them or give them to reception to bin when you give back your board if you'r too lazy to do it yourself.

Small things are normally those who spoil it for everyone in the end.

Keep it clean!! :)

would we still need to pay the gate fee when we enter the park at R250 for a 50km entry?

no extra gate fee , all included also goodie bag , medals and a awesome Hero Brand T-Shirt amoungst other really cool stuff . can assure you that the value for entry will be amazing

Guys , thanks for the awesome feedback and advice , really good to see guys taking a interest , that is what we need and will do what we can when we can

1 favour though , We have Launched our 1st Zero-2-Hero Mtb Festival online . the event is on 9 August at the park

we are going all out for this event , with a 50km , a 25km , a 6km kiddies and event a Pump Trac Challenge for the little ones

Each entry get a awesome Branded Hero T- Shirt that is really cool quality made by Rockets Compression

then all Medals and also Goddie Bags

Lots on Entertainment and fun on the day

7 Awesome water points and lots more

Kiddies area with minders and lots of activities

please spread the word as much as you can . been the 1st official Hero Event we are competing against the big established okes so people nervous to enter .

it will be an event very different from the normal mtb races so give it a try . entries at www.cycleevents.co.za and check out our Facebook page for more details

• 3 weeks later...

Went to Hero adventure park on sunday.

Decided to give the red route a bash. Now I have done the red route a couple of months before, and kinda knew what to expect.

Little did I know the amount of work that has been but into this section. I really took a beating, tough technical singletrack, that really tests one's skills.

Got bucked off one section when I hit all the braking bumps wrong with my rigid, took the scenic route in the long grass.

Bottom line, felt like I got a riding lesson, but I cannot wait to go back.

Well done, and thank you for the hard work - if this red route is a taster of whats to come at kingskloof, it will be one of the best rides in JHB.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just finishing off my last bite of humble pie I scoffed this morning...

I'd previously said, although LOVING Red, I wasn't a fan of Yellow because of the it was a bit tight and "spaghetti" like to me..

A friend urged me to try it again, saying it's awesome...

well.. IT IS!!

Either it's changed (I know some work has been done on it) or I wasn't paying attention the last time.

But it's totally different.

SO much fun!

The guys are doing stellar work there!

a couple pics from this morning

post-6012-0-27496000-1408789919_thumb.jpg

post-6012-0-68015600-1408789944_thumb.jpg

I'm just finishing off my last bite of humble pie I scoffed this morning...

I'd previously said, although LOVING Red, I wasn't a fan of Yellow because of the it was a bit tight and "spaghetti" like to me..

A friend urged me to try it again, saying it's awesome...

well.. IT IS!!

Either it's changed (I know some work has been done on it) or I wasn't paying attention the last time.

But it's totally different.

SO much fun!

The guys are doing stellar work there!

a couple pics from this morning

post-6012-0-27496000-1408789919_thumb.jpg

post-6012-0-68015600-1408789944_thumb.jpg

Yea, saw on their fb page they added rollers and stuff to some of the trails. I like what they are doing, keeping stuff fresh.

There was however a downside to my morning :thumbdown:

I've mentioned this before but how little do people care and how little respect they to they have!

The car park was once again littered with cable ties from number boards :cursing:

this is what I picked just around my car

post-6012-0-97835300-1408790251_thumb.jpg

I think it's disgusting!

There was however a downside to my morning :thumbdown:

I've mentioned this before but how little do people care and how little respect they to they have!

The car park was once again littered with cable ties from number boards :cursing:

this is what I picked just around my car

I think it's disgusting!

I agree, there's a guy at reception (where you have to go in any case to get your deposit for the board) with a sidecutter!!

On the other hand just want to say the new (reversed) red route is awesome!!

Went there on Saturday for the first time. Man, what a ride! I was very impressed! Loved the red and the yellow was superb too.

Going back for more some time in September.

Archived