Hero Adventure Park at Heia Safari

Guys just watch out, some broken green bottle on the blue route about 200m before you get to the floating bridge dam and the newly developed piece of trail. I will send Hero a Facebook message about it as well.

It couldn't have been more than one or two bottles. But they were shattered into small pieces...

However. The park replied to my Facebook message last night, and are going to clear it this morning.

Was there yesterday; still plenty of glass there. It's all compacted into the trail though.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last I heard from speaking to Hero Owners is that there is a 10 year land lease in place with all necessary contracting, the owner is just a bit of a stickler and giving them uphill for minor issues but they will come out on top and continue to create and maintain the trails at Heia.

Glad to have a land owner who is a stickler for minor issues, being a cyclist he'll have the rider's interests at heart as well as his own as the land owner.

At the end of the day, it is HIS land and ultimately the liability rests on him if something does go wrong. 

If the two parties can find a solution and work together, it can only benefit everyone.

Hero Adventure and In Touch Sports are very happy to announce that ALL the Trails at Hero Adventure - Heia Safari will be open again from Tomorrow 31 July 2015 . Access includes the Blue , red and Yellow trails . Registration and day passes will be available at reception as usual . We sincerely thank all our Clients , Supporters , Sponsors and Friends for the support over the last few weeks and we look forward to continuing with the development of the Hero vision at this awesome facility . Come down and show your support of Hero Adventure . Regards Hero Adventure Team @HeroAdventure1 In Touch Sports 

Last I heard from speaking to Hero Owners is that there is a 10 year land lease in place with all necessary contracting, the owner is just a bit of a stickler and giving them uphill for minor issues but they will come out on top and continue to create and maintain the trails at Heia.

If there's a lease they should be able to continue operating without any change. Huur gaat voor koop

• 3 weeks later...

Offical Statement on Current Position of Hero Adventure at Heia Safari Ranch

Hero Adventure has a 10 year lease agreement in place in terms of which it is entitled to exclusive use of  Heia Safari and various other ajoining portions  for all sporting activities and sporting events until 2023.

Acting in accordance with the terms of our lease, Hero Adventure have spent millions of rands and extensive effort to develop the Hero Adventure infrastructure at Heia Safari and ajoinung properties , so as to afford an experience that no other Adventure Park  can offer to the public.

The Owners of the  above mentioned properties wich fall within our lease document have recently acted unlawfully by not honoring the terms and condition of this lease document. They attemped to unlawfully evict Hero Adventure  and our staff  from the properties , and unlawfully removed, damaged and restricted use of various Hero Adventure Features, Obsticles, Trails and Branding belonging to Hero Adventure . This after numerous attempts to come to a amicable agreement with these owners.

These unlawful actions prompted Hero Adventure to bring a urgent Hight Court Application to stop the actions of these owners. The judge rulled in Favour of Hero Adventure.

Not withstanding the High Court Order in FAVOUR of Hero Adventure , these landowners  have not desisted from there unlawful conduct and are now trying various other forms to affect the Hero Adventure Functions and Brand in a negative way. This is a clear attempt to force us off the property so they can take over what we have worked so hard to build.

In a clear breach of our agreement, the owners of the above mentioned properties have now implemented an additional entrance fee charge wich they are attempting to collect at the main gate or reception area. This is a fee over and above the R40.00 day pass fee that Hero Adventure have always charged and does not come to us

As far as Hero Adventure is concerned, members of the public visiting and taking part in Hero Adventure activities are NOT obliged to pay this extra fee charged by the land owners. Hero Adventure Strongly distance itself from this unlawful conduct

The Position of Hero Adventure is clear and in accordace with our lease agreement. The use of the following:

·      All Trails for Mtb, Trial Running, Obsticle, Walking

·      All Featues including bridges, obsticleas and various other features

·      The Lake Heritage water for Swimming and Paddling  (Canoe & Rowing)

·      The Little Hero’s Kiddies Area

·      And all other conditions within our agreement

All the above falls within the exclusivity agreement we have in place and  what has always been the case from day 1. A R40.00 charge for a day pass that gets paid directly to a Hero Adventure Staff member remains in place and as far as we are concerned is all that is to be charged.

Hero Adventure have made various attempts to negotiate with these land owners,  with no success and as such have have been forced to take such action.

We have built this brand and venue out of a passion and love for sport. We have always tried to ensure our business delivers the best for our clients and supporters. We strongly appose these actions taken against us and our clients, and the damage to our brand and the sports we embrace .

Regards

Hero Adventure 

eish, this is sad, but if they refuse to open the gate for me unless I pay 40 bucks well then I will turn around and go somewhere else...

the landowners are not playing cricket it seems

Hectic. 

When we went this week end, we were charged entrance at the gate (R40). I thought that this was the standard fee that is normally payable in reception (we thought they had moved it to the gate instead), so we didn't go in to reception to pay and we continued with our ride. This must mean that I paid the land owners and not Hero. This was not intentional.

I am a huge supporter of Heia Safari and Hero Adventure. To me it's the best riding place in Joburg at the moment, and the work Hero has done deserves the correct compensation for their efforts.

Please keep us updated on the progress. I really hope that this doesn't lead to the loss of another awesome place to ride.

This is extremely sad to hear.

Clearly the owners of the land do not understand what this will do to the park if they force people away by charging extra fees just to get in.

Hero Adventure have done the most amazing job not only at Heia but all around at the other parks and trails they work with.

We sincerely hope the owner catches a wake up sooner than later.

Good luck to HA group.

Hectic. 

When we went this week end, we were charged entrance at the gate (R40). I thought that this was the standard fee that is normally payable in reception (we thought they had moved it to the gate instead), so we didn't go in to reception to pay and we continued with our ride. This must mean that I paid the land owners and not Hero. This was not intentional.

I am a huge supporter of Heia Safari and Hero Adventure. To me it's the best riding place in Joburg at the moment, and the work Hero has done deserves the correct compensation for their efforts.

Please keep us updated on the progress. I really hope that this doesn't lead to the loss of another awesome place to ride.

Yip I would have done the same...knowing the fee is 40 ronds...I would have thought I have paid my dues, kitted up and praaaaped. There must surely be a hidden agenda here. I wonder what the landowner is planning if he does manage to get Hero out. Options are

1.Leave stuff to deteriorate..unlikely, this is why people come to heia and brings "feet" to the restaurant

2.Run it himself....likely, that way he doesn't share the pie

3.Get a new trail partner that will increase their revenue 

Offical Statement on Current Position of Hero Adventure at Heia Safari Ranch

Hero Adventure has a 10 year lease agreement in place in terms of which it is entitled to exclusive use of  Heia Safari and various other ajoining portions  for all sporting activities and sporting events until 2023.

Acting in accordance with the terms of our lease, Hero Adventure have spent millions of rands and extensive effort to develop the Hero Adventure infrastructure at Heia Safari and ajoinung properties , so as to afford an experience that no other Adventure Park  can offer to the public.

The Owners of the  above mentioned properties wich fall within our lease document have recently acted unlawfully by not honoring the terms and condition of this lease document. They attemped to unlawfully evict Hero Adventure  and our staff  from the properties , and unlawfully removed, damaged and restricted use of various Hero Adventure Features, Obsticles, Trails and Branding belonging to Hero Adventure . This after numerous attempts to come to a amicable agreement with these owners.

These unlawful actions prompted Hero Adventure to bring a urgent Hight Court Application to stop the actions of these owners. The judge rulled in Favour of Hero Adventure.

Not withstanding the High Court Order in FAVOUR of Hero Adventure , these landowners  have not desisted from there unlawful conduct and are now trying various other forms to affect the Hero Adventure Functions and Brand in a negative way. This is a clear attempt to force us off the property so they can take over what we have worked so hard to build.

In a clear breach of our agreement, the owners of the above mentioned properties have now implemented an additional entrance fee charge wich they are attempting to collect at the main gate or reception area. This is a fee over and above the R40.00 day pass fee that Hero Adventure have always charged and does not come to us

As far as Hero Adventure is concerned, members of the public visiting and taking part in Hero Adventure activities are NOT obliged to pay this extra fee charged by the land owners. Hero Adventure Strongly distance itself from this unlawful conduct

The Position of Hero Adventure is clear and in accordace with our lease agreement. The use of the following:

·      All Trails for Mtb, Trial Running, Obsticle, Walking

·      All Featues including bridges, obsticleas and various other features

·      The Lake Heritage water for Swimming and Paddling  (Canoe & Rowing)

·      The Little Hero’s Kiddies Area

·      And all other conditions within our agreement

All the above falls within the exclusivity agreement we have in place and  what has always been the case from day 1. A R40.00 charge for a day pass that gets paid directly to a Hero Adventure Staff member remains in place and as far as we are concerned is all that is to be charged.

Hero Adventure have made various attempts to negotiate with these land owners,  with no success and as such have have been forced to take such action.

We have built this brand and venue out of a passion and love for sport. We have always tried to ensure our business delivers the best for our clients and supporters. We strongly appose these actions taken against us and our clients, and the damage to our brand and the sports we embrace .

Regards

Hero Adventure 

I had a fat arrogant bastard at the main gate tell me I had to pay R40 at that gate or I go home, I told him my Mrs is inside with my car and she has the money because we cycled to Heia.

He basically told me tough luck, im not going in.

I am used to paying at the reception, paying at the gate was a problem for me because my money was in my car in the parking lot.

Where do we pay? that arrogant prick at the main gate or at reception?

I had a fat arrogant bastard at the main gate tell me I had to pay R40 at that gate or I go home, I told him my Mrs is inside with my car and she has the money because we cycled to Heia.

He basically told me tough luck, im not going in.

I am used to paying at the reception, paying at the gate was a problem for me because my money was in my car in the parking lot.

Where do we pay? that arrogant prick at the main gate or at reception?

You pay twice now chucks...40 bucks at gate for heia, 40 bucks at reception it seems...which makes it 80 bucks per head...

No thanks, unless this is sorted, I will carry on past the turn-off to cradle and go to VG

Hectic. 

I did the same thing, paid at the gate, not realizing this wasn't payment to HAP.

I thought the whole matter had been resolved. :mellow:

I love the place,  but only because of the trails HAP have made.  (ESPECIALLY Red :thumbup: )

The animals and lake are an awesome bonus, but not why I go...

It'll be really sad if this isn't resolved, but I'll rather support HAP then Heia if it boils down to it.

Archived