Hero Adventure Park at Heia Safari

Guest notmyname

Exactly!!! I couldn't agree with you more. That proves my point that his daughter was in major financial difficulty after her boyfriend was also murdered and she had to run the place on her own. I think when Hero came along she jumped at any form of income to survive even though she was in the process of loosing the property.

If you don't mind me asking. What is your affiliation?

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you don't mind me asking. What is your affiliation?

A riding friend of mine knows one of the owners. I also stay in the area and was very concerned about the future of the properties as there was rumors that one of the big developers were interested in buying the property's Fortunately they were out bidded at the auction or it could of been turnred into a housing development.

I can only agree with what has been said.

The thing with auctions are...you are not always exactly sure what you get when you are buying.

I think R10 out of every R40 is not too bad for a residual income.

Perhaps xcd, you can get the owner to read this here thread.

To say he only has the best intentions legally means crap. I may only have the best intentions when i rob a bank, but that is no excuse, and it certainly does not make it legal.

You are making the new owner out to be a saviour of lost property, conservationist and all around neighbourhood hero...however, all i have heard are negative things, and tactics to get his greedy/desperate hands on every sent that makes it through his new property gates.

First impressions last, and courtesy of this thread he already has lost a fair amount of regular income going forward.

I can only agree with what has been said.

The thing with auctions are...you are not always exactly sure what you get when you are buying.

I think R10 out of every R40 is not too bad for a residual income.

Perhaps xcd, you can get the owner to read this here thread.

To say he only has the best intentions legally means crap. I may only have the best intentions when i rob a bank, but that is no excuse, and it certainly does not make it legal.

You are making the new owner out to be a saviour of lost property, conservationist and all around neighbourhood hero...however, all i have heard are negative things, and tactics to get his greedy/desperate hands on every sent that makes it through his new property gates.

First impressions last, and courtesy of this thread he already has lost a fair amount of regular income going forward.

Thing is, I am happy that the land apparently went to someone who loves mountain biking, and aims to keep Heia Safari and its lands conserved, rather than built up as a development.

But as for RockNRolla, this thread paints a picture of an owner who wants to spite Hero Adventure, and potentially has staff who act in a way which is not customer friendly. Both sure fire ways of getting rid of loyal clientele.

I personally will still support Hero Adventure at Heia, but will only pay R40... simple as that. The back-end politics is between the Conservationist and the Hero.

As someone who has made a small trail route in Magalies I don't quite get the new owners logic...

All the venues in my area are happy to see trails as it brings business to the area and different venues all benefit etc, it may be a coke somewhere today for a rider but could also turn into a weekend away at a future date. Not one landowner has ever asked me for a percentage of what the trail fee is for using their land. All are happy to see that everything is looked after and that there are no problems.

Heia also does not have the best reputation to begin with (leisure and conference markets) so my own feeling is that the owner should rather focus on developing their staff and venue and rather attract new business than turn it away.

If its not costing the new owner anything to have the trails (not sure who is responsible for upkeep etc) then I agree that R10 out of Every R40 is more than adequate as he should be using this opportunity to promote his accommodation, restaurant and bar sales etc to be making the real money. I have seen it a few times in Magalies, new owners buy a property, have the wrong idea and within 12-18 months the venue is back on the market again....

As someone who has made a small trail route in Magalies I don't quite get the new owners logic...

All the venues in my area are happy to see trails as it brings business to the area and different venues all benefit etc, it may be a coke somewhere today for a rider but could also turn into a weekend away at a future date. Not one landowner has ever asked me for a percentage of what the trail fee is for using their land. All are happy to see that everything is looked after and that there are no problems.

Heia also does not have the best reputation to begin with (leisure and conference markets) so my own feeling is that the owner should rather focus on developing their staff and venue and rather attract new business than turn it away.

If its not costing the new owner anything to have the trails (not sure who is responsible for upkeep etc) then I agree that R10 out of Every R40 is more than adequate as he should be using this opportunity to promote his accommodation, restaurant and bar sales etc to be making the real money. I have seen it a few times in Magalies, new owners buy a property, have the wrong idea and within 12-18 months the venue is back on the market again....

Good comments. Perhaps via xcd, you can give some insights to the new Heia owner.

Good comments. Perhaps via xcd, you can give some insights to the new Heia owner.

Thanks ByronH for your confidence in me but as I mentioned earlier I do not know the owner. I was just sharing some insight into this sad state of affairs . I love the trails at Heia and the work that has been done it's just sad that us Mtb are being used as Pawns. Hopefully an amicable solution can be struck soon.

Hi Guys

Any resolve on this mess yet - was planning on riding there tomorrow with 4 other mates, is it still R40 at the gate (or otherwise djy-ry-nie!) and then R40 at the reception?

Guest notmyname

Hi Guys

Any resolve on this mess yet - was planning on riding there tomorrow with 4 other mates, is it still R40 at the gate (or otherwise djy-ry-nie!) and then R40 at the reception?

Seems to be the case. I suggest giving it a skip until this is sorted out.

Seems to be the case. I suggest giving it a skip until this is sorted out.

Thanks. Annoying! Very good trails, but will rather spend my cash at VG then..

Why don't Heia pull finger and rather get other creative ways to pull revenue - ie sort out *** service at the restaurant and make more money there..

This seems very short sighted and economically will sink the entire show - even if they annoy Hero enough to pull out (legally they gonna ***), many will not ride there out of principal..

My 2cents..

Skipped heia this weekend.

Worked all Saturday, hit avianto this morning for probably one of thè most enjoyable rides this year!

Will post some pics in the where has your bike tsken you thread

Just to add fuel to the fire.

We booked to stay at their accomodation for a reunion with some mates from varsity.

Just got a mail from them stating that we will now also have to pay a "daily conservation fee".

We booked to stay at their accomodation for a reunion with some mates from varsity.

Just got a mail from them stating that we will now also have to pay a "daily conservation fee".

Uh oh... The Conservationist Strikes Back

Guest notmyname

What ***. Bring your bikes but ride Avianto or NF. They are all in a short radius. Even VG is not to far.

* Sorry Hero legends. I love your work! ! ! ! ! !

I can't see this ending well for the owner.

Archived