That moment when.....

gummibear

That moment when you ride with SPD's for the first time,pop a wheelie,loose youre balance and ........

Done that one as well, luckily on the grass, however in front of a few spectators.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest notmyname

That moment when you push the new toy out the door for its maiden burn. Can I get a f*#k yeah!

That moment when you ride with SPD's for the first time,pop a wheelie,loose youre balance and ........

......end up with a shirt pocket full of banana-potato puree.

That moment when you find a sponge/buffer thingy that belongs on the inside of your helmet in the kitchen.. and realize the dog left it there.. and run to your room to find your newish Rudy helmet in thousands of tear sized pieces on the floor.. AND then see your Adidas evil eyes on the floor too, but only half of it, AND THEN get sh@t on because there are dog paw marks on the bed, where he stole the helmet, the glasses and every single last drop of my happiness and dignity for this month. I hate student budget, I hate that I love my dog, I hate that he's nice to me, I'm generally hateful this week. But thankful (ya, right) that my dog reminds me of why one shouldn't get attached to material things, but this is bike related so I dont get it. Anyway. ffs. Thats it. Ktxbye
Post of the day

I realize now.. I ride Sani, I fall my cactus into a petunia - I win a GoPro. Dog eats my kit - I get nominated for POD, ok so what it doesnt count much. Point is I need to stop winning at my dearest expense. Anyway.. Night fellow moment-ers.

40ks into a 120 k day, and you're broken, no idea how you going to do another 5, never mind 80. You dig in, dig deep and hang. Slowly you start feeling better, Kay by Kay. At 110 k in you hit the mean, rocky, ugly climb that is putting everyone in the hurt box , and you smash it. That's the moment.

You finally get around to working out how your Garmin works. You set up custom screens. All this the night before a race. But the race goes well. Really well. Until you realise you're not looking at distance, you're looking at elevation. And you're a third in. Not a third away from the finish.

Ka-poooooooooooooooooooooosh.

That moment when you want to show your new mates how to do a dificult line and then you take the wrong line ending up with your feet cliped in and on the rocks and both your feet is stucked...

Guest EdEdEd

That moment you forget your water at home

Ultimate bummer

You are on a muddy, windy, water flowing downhill with V brakes that is not working properly, with out glasses(because you can't see through them). And you blink.. and you can't open your eyes because the mud glogged your wipers closed

When you get to an Enduro race 60km's from home with half an hour to go to the start, off-load your bike, kit up and then realise that your boots are at home.

Cruising past full suspension bikes in Tokai on your hardtail riding with crocs on clip in pedals beacuse you forgot your shoes @ home

... near the end of a long MTB race, you're tired, but still think you're riding strong. Reach a short sharp incline near the finish and decide to drop to granny to get over. Hit the shifter and realise you've been in granny for the last 10km. :mellow: :whistling: :huh:

Better known as the Hail Mary Shift.

The moment you realise the river crossing is 2 feet deeper than you thought, and you live in a winter rainfall area.... :eek:

Archived