That moment when.....

gummibear

the moment when you think your buddy is in front of you while MTB'ing and you lose focus ending up flying over your MTB then thinking its over and your MTB also lands on you!!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest notmyname

After you finished the Espresso

Did this on Sunday in Greenside with my lady. Thank the Pope for Fnb e-wallet. it could have been special blind.

When you realise that you're swapping road riding for mountain biking because the roads are a warzone for cyclists. And mountain biking is more fun anyways.

when you find out that your dad's melanoma is malignant, and the infection has spread to his lymph nodes. And the doc says that the amount of affected lymph nodes are "too many to count"

strongs boet.

when you find out that your dad's melanoma is malignant, and the infection has spread to his lymph nodes. And the doc says that the amount of affected lymph nodes are "too many to count"

Best wishes man. Lost my old man to cancer 2 years ago. Hope it's not that bad and he heals up. My thoughts with you and the family.

Best wishes man. Lost my old man to cancer 2 years ago. Hope it's not that bad and he heals up. My thoughts with you and the family.

Sorry to hear mate.

Very close to home to me as I have had two of them out myself and have had some lymphs removed but it had mot metastasized. It scares me when i hear this.

FWIW: There was recent report on a new drug that has had amazing results in the UK in trials on malignant melanoma. It was on Sky news. I cannot remember the name but i did pay attention to it when i saw the report.

And my father in law who is in remission from bladder cancer swears by Apricot kernels which have Vitamin K and are meant to be great for cancer. Use it or don't use it.

All the best to you and your family as you battle this horrible demon.

It is time to do all those things together that you always try to get to but cannot find the time.

when you down your first half Guinness after a dash up the spruit, seconded only by the knowledge that its cheaper at the restaurant you are at than in a bottle store. :clap:

Shizer mate, I am very sorry to hear. My dad fought off prostate cancer and a nasty melanoma in the last 5 years. The best treatment is a lot of love and support. Best of luck to your dad, you and the fam!

That moment when you get to the summit of that hill you've been battling for 13 months to climb without having to stop and check your heart rate and breathing, or convince your legs they aren't about to explode. Priceless

Eish...sorry to hear this mnr. Sterkte :thumbup:

Guest EdEdEd

That moment when you have been up all night with the shomits (on the loo with the bucket on the lap)...

No sleep, helluva a headache and tou have to sit at home all say whatching stupid flippen movies on dstv when jogging to and from the bathroom and you are so hungry but you cant keep anything...

Thats the kind of moment i am having. Sucks

That moment when you have been up all night with the shomits (on the loo with the bucket on the lap)...

No sleep, helluva a headache and tou have to sit at home all say whatching stupid flippen movies on dstv when jogging to and from the bathroom and you are so hungry but you cant keep anything...

Eish man, that sucks. Had something similar when I went camping a while back. Even a sip of water brought severe nausea. Remember to drink some Rehidrat or something.

I see you're in KZN but you didn't eat a boerie roll at Northern, did you? :blush: Sounds identical to my symptoms from about 6 weeks back. Riding partner had the same story.

Ok, so not to completely dis Northern Farm because I do really enjoy the place but it was either there or from a boerie roll at the Hot Dog Café at Builders in Fourways the day before after a ride. Either way, I have eliminated both places from my places-to-eat-at list as a matter of self preservation. After the initial bout of crazy weakness, chills and other symptoms too gross to mention were done, it took me two courses of probiotics to come right after that lot. Never again.

Archived