Who else is sick at the moment?

Thanks, will check it out.

I developed a URTI the latter half of last week, another weekend in bed, feeling like ****.

Clearly something amiss with my immune system. A couple of years ago, I had to get B complex injection every week for 6 weeks to get myself out of similar scenario.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bronchitis, three weeks from the Amashova. FML. I do seem to be recovering faster than my wife, who has been on antibiotics for three days with bronchitis and laryngitis.

Will see what the doc says tomorrow, but if it looks like it won't clear up in time I will probably just leave the bike at home and have a mini holiday.

Finally sick. Just a headcold.

Had such a good run.

I attribute it to the body being run down from stress of resigning (HR issues in terms of notice period etc) and changing jobs. Plus carried on training while I was feeling down so I probably contributed to it myself.

Edited by TheJ

Finally feeling like myself again. After 5 days off the bike and in bed.

Not entirely sure what I had to be honest. Symptoms include a sore throat, blocked nose, light cough, no energy, feeling tired and feeling tired the whole time.

Maybe a virus? But my body/muscles was luckily not sore at all.

To make matters worse, last Thursday I woke up realising I got pink eyes. Fortunately, it only lasted for two days.

Went for a 10km ride yesterday and still felt very weak... The power numbers spoke for itself.

Commuted this morning and definitely felt much stronger.

Edited by Andrew_Smith

Finally feeling like myself again. After 5 days off the bike and in bed.

Not entirely sure what I had to be honest. Symptoms include a sore throat, blocked nose, light cough, no energy, feeling tired and feeling tired the whole time.

Maybe a virus? But my body/muscles was luckily not sore at all.

To make matters worse, last Thursday I woke up realising I got pink eyes. Fortunately, it only lasted for two days.

Went for a 10km ride yesterday and still felt very weak... The power numbers spoke for itself.

Commuted this morning and definitely felt much stronger.

Sounds like the standard adenovirus. 

Adenoviruses are a group of viruses that can infect the membranes (tissue linings) of the respiratory tract, eyes, intestines, urinary tract, and nervous system. They account for about 10% of fever-related illnesses and acute respiratory infections in kids and are a frequent cause of diarrhea

Thursday sick kid

Saturday second sick kid + sick wife

Sunday it hit me hard

Nasty nasty stomach bug going around according to the Dr.

I am 2kg down so at least thats one positive!  :clap:

I'm almost back to normal. Can feel the fever slowly leaving my face.

Didn't have any body issues. All just neck and up. Sore throat (wasn't crazy sore but sucked in the mornings), lots of snot and some gunk to cough up. That's it. This one was very "slow" onset. Usually I feel super k#k for a week then the 2nd week I start turning for the better. This time it started very slowly and bled over into the 2nd week. By Thursday I should be good. Cycled to work and back yesterday (25km round trip) and felt good, just face was still a bit feverish.

Ok well, have done quite a few hardish trail runs since the post above. If I was going to relapse I probably would have. Still not 100s but I think its just what it is now. Life carries on.

• 2 weeks later...

Woke up earlier this week with a bit of sinus, nothing hectic.

This morning I woke up sick, Resting HR much higher than usual  :thumbdown:

Just in time for Carnival City Race on Sunday  :cursing:

Winter is fast approaching.

Once it's here properly it's fine because I will wrap up with layers to ride - the dangerous period is now. It's warm enough to ride in summer kit but if the weather changes quickly or if you are still out as the sun starts to set, you can so easily get a "sweat -chill" while on a long downhill.

With 947 fast approaching next week starts my caution phase where i wash my hands excessively, avoid shaking hands and where possible people, particularly those that look and sound dodgy with sniffles and coughs. 

Wise move.

Also, be particularly careful of the small germ carrying humans people refer to as "little kiddies". They're the worst!

:clap:

Just got medical all clear to ride again after a 6 and a half week layoff with a primary glandular fever infection (at my old age to get kissing disease!!!!) that attacked and inflamed my liver.

Missed one tonner, had to pull out of DC ... first ride tomorrow.... 

• 2 months later...

Monday sick wife - head cold.

Wednesday i'm sick - head cold, wife is still not right - possibly moving to her chest.

i'm meant to be racing this Sunday. joy. might have a fast one entry up for grabs if i'm not right

Edited by Furbz