Die Burger MTB 2014

Rydogg

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was a brilliant race. I especially liked all those muddy reverse camber corners. ????

What was up with all the slow riders doing the 75km? Wannabe racers who think they are faster than they really are. They got in my way doing the 60km. Very annoying and unfair.

According to the organisers the 75km was on invitation only, so not sure how that worked then. Old racers maybe that have not been on their bikes for a long time.

I think it was a brilliant race. I especially liked all those muddy reverse camber corners.

What was up with all the slow riders doing the 75km? Wannabe racers who think they are faster than they really are. They got in my way doing the 60km. Very annoying and unfair.

Yeah dude. Exactly my question. Who does the seeding? Drunk High school kids?

Yes, the seeding sucked. Another boy who does top 10 in the Spur races and rode the WC XCO with my boy was also seeded in group S with my boy, which is the last 30km group. Somehow the organisers did not quite do their homework.

So it seems biggest complaint is seeding. Its very important part of any race. It reduces bottle necks and the risk of colliding with slower riders. It also eliminates frustration from slower, non experienced riders not keeping left or moving over. For me its also much more fun to ride with people of equal ability and not constantly having to overtake or getting overtaken. Obviously the Amarider system is flawed, and the tag system is pretty ***, my results are not showing, and mates of mine are listed in the wrong distance.

Dont want to be over critical, race was fun, route was good. Small things can make this one of the best. Next year is the 10th anniversary, lets hope they fix the niggles.

Yes, the seeding sucked. Another boy who does top 10 in the Spur races and rode the WC XCO with my boy was also seeded in group S with my boy, which is the last 30km group. Somehow the organisers did not quite do their homework.

Seeding for the 30km & 15km was in order of entry ie the earlier you entered the better your seeding.

I think it was a brilliant race. I especially liked all those muddy reverse camber corners.

I think the marketing talk confused matters a little, a lot of people who did previous amarider races like the 100 miler got invitations, not just racing snakes. I think the criteria was basically that the organisers must have been certain that you would have been able to finish.

Goes without saying that there would have been a number of 60km riders that would have been better than the 75km, personally I would say for a mass participation event like this or the Argus mtb, make sure you enter the longest distance otherwise you WILL get stuck behind slower riders from longer distances.

Dont want to be over critical, race was fun, route was good. Small things can make this one of the best. Next year is the 10th anniversary, lets hope they fix the niggles.

Unlikely that that is going to happen... If your serious about your Burger result do the 75km and start ahead of the crowds

Seeding for the 30km & 15km was in order of entry ie the earlier you entered the better your seeding.

Don't quite agree. I entered my boy 4 weeks ago, he got into S, while a friend of his was entered this past week, and he got seeded into R.

I think the marketing talk confused matters a little, a lot of people who did previous amarider races like the 100 miler got invitations, not just racing snakes. I think the criteria was basically that the organisers must have been certain that you would have been able to finish.

Goes without saying that there would have been a number of 60km riders that would have been better than the 75km, personally I would say for a mass participation event like this or the Argus mtb, make sure you enter the longest distance otherwise you WILL get stuck behind slower riders from longer distances.

Once the routes merged we were ALL stuck behind Granny, Oupa, Boetie ,Sussie,Mommy, Pappa and the whole family doing the race.

Unlikely that that is going to happen... If your serious about your Burger result do the 75km and start ahead of the crowds

Unfortunately you have to be 15 years and older to do the 42km and longer routes.

If I pay for the first round of beers at the High School party, I might get lucky and meet the twat who did the seeding. Invatation only.

If you caught the 75 kn riders before the split, you are better than him, but if you caught him after the routes joined again you cant say anything. That extra 15 km is freaken hard.