Die Burger MTB 2014

Rydogg

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Racing doesnt mean finishing on the podium, please man. Racing your mates, or club members, or trying to improve last years time, thats all racing.

I agree. I had a fantastic time! And with the mud, it made things just a little bit interesting with my "racing" tires... Fantastic route, fantastic markers and we only got slow traffic in the last 1km!

Well done Burger! I had a blast!

Next Sat 9th Aug = SPUR Schools league at Southeys...Hope he will enter....

Smaller batches and he can really be competitive (or not)...

He will definitely be there. He came 6th in the last Spur race, and he races for his school, so participation is compulsory. :thumbup:

Racing doesnt mean finishing on the podium, please man. Racing your mates, or club members, or trying to improve last years time, thats all racing.

Then your mates would have had same hassles so it's the same difference? Why moan about back markers

I was seeded c (no racing for 2 yrs) and finished 20th overall on 60km. I made sure I passed everyone I needed to pass early on

Disappointed that I missed this race. Just haven't had much time of late to ride my bike. However, the "traffic jams" at the end happen every year that I can remember riding it. First time I did this race was in 2009 and did it last year. It obviously only gets worse (slower) every year as the event grows.

Then your mates would have had same hassles so it's the same difference? Why moan about back markers

I was seeded c (no racing for 2 yrs) and finished 20th overall on 60km. I made sure I passed everyone I needed to pass early on

Read all the posts please, we are complaining about seeding. Well done on 20th, you didnt podium, so according to Dick you didnt race, sorry.

Also being seeded in C, you were very close to the front, so you cant really complain about anything. Not racing for 2 years and getting a c seeding, you lucky fish.

Edited by Johny Bravo

Read all the posts please, we are complaining about seeding. Well done on 20th, you didnt podium, so according to Dick you didnt race, sorry.

Also being seeded in C, you were very close to the front, so you cant really complain about anything. Not racing for 2 years and getting a c seeding, you lucky fish.

B was first group. I was 2nd group

B was first group. I was 2nd group

Great time but not as many riders for you to pass as some of us in Group E. An addition 100 riders to pass in single track tend to make a difference and add to frustration.

I did my first Race - the 50km. It was a great experience… flat tired, a frontflip into the mud and a lots of fun! Unfortunately i had to start in group I and there was more traffic jam all alonge the race than in the morning through Stellenbosch. So, at the end it was a funride. Nevertheless where do i get the results (ranking) of Die Burger Challenge?

Chrz

I did my first Race - the 50km. It was a great experience… flat tired, a frontflip into the mud and a lots of fun! Unfortunately i had to start in group I and there was more traffic jam all alonge the race than in the morning through Stellenbosch. So, at the end it was a funride. Nevertheless where do i get the results (ranking) of Die Burger Challenge?

Chrz

Www.trailtag.co.za

So who won the 60km? It looks like quite a few 60km riders took a short cut via the 42km route...

Also, I didn't even see the checkpoint tag for the 60km...

So who won the 60km? It looks like quite a few 60km riders took a short cut via the 42km route...

If I remember correctly, it was shortly after we passed through underneath the road. It was on the right hand side of a farm gate. I nearly missed it as well.

Did the 75km, also got traffic in the last 10kms with other routes joining, when asked, way was given when you didn't respond quick enough well that's where you your MTB skills come into play, over take off the path if you have to, sometimes over huge rocks, etc. I was not racing for podium but for position & finish time in relation to full time pro's that were there like, Lill, Woolcock, Renay, etc.

Matt Daneel