DH World Cup #4 - Leogang

Stretch

I've never been a Gwin fan but it was hard not to love him for riding that out from the top of the course faster than most riders would do with both wheels intact. He got a huge ovation from the crowd at the finish.

Yeah. at least 20 kph faster than I'd have been doing it!

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I heard a fog horn. Thought it was signaling a DQ or something.

So DH 101 - is this open to anybody to go and try qualify whether you're pro or not.

Wasn't there a DH World Cup in PMB earlier this year already? Is this not an annual event. There's no age categories ?

World cup happens every year and is raced over a series of races around the world from April to September/October. There are juniors and elites. There is a world cup winner at the end of the season. This year the world cup started in pmb. World champs is a once off race they happens once a year (last year was in pmb) and you get to wear the rainbow jersey for the entire following year. Our most famous dh export, Greg minn, has won the world cup 3 times and world champs 3 times

Edited by Stretch

based on the following pic of Troy's winning bike at Fort William, it seems they not running that roval. but just guessing they would go for consistency in equipment. so if it worked in Fort Bill, why not elsewhere..

http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/2/photos/76996/s1600_scotland_n3x9511.jpg?1402276609

please take this petty crap to another thread, or better still, just stop. Thread's been derailed enough. SO can we rather get back to the topic at hand, which was an awesome race if anyone noticed!!!

Yeah. Till Ratboy descended the top 5 were within a second of each other! Those 2 corners were the deciders I reckon. The stairs of whatever and then that rooty left hander with the 4 different lines, where only Ratboy, Greg and a couple of others managed to get through with any decent speed.

and I reckon that mistake by Greg was easily worth a second. He got really slowed down there and lost loads of speed.

Hubbers - it's late, and as was mentioned earlier -- peeps should be psyching themselves up for a day of riding tomorrow, not hammering away at keyboards, derailing threads.

Plenty of reports have come through. These will be looked at in due course. In the interim, PLEASE stop derailing this thread - it's supposed to be about Leogang and DHWC#4.

I'm going to move through the thread and hide off-topic posts, as many as I can reasonably find, until it gets too tedious... Please refrain from derailing further. If you have nothing to say about Leogang, and want to take up some other issue, this is not the thread for it.

yeah, greg definitely lost at least 1sec with that wobble. but damn man, the way Loic was hoping to just ride that sucker out.. hahhahah. He is such a cool, undramatic rider.

just remembered: wasn't it Gwin that exploded his brakes at Leogang 2012 world champs, something bout them being prototypes? maybe he was running that proto roval :P

big ups to red bull too....they had both those corners covered....split positions were spot on...and that aerial cam was awesome

that cam view of the big jumps was awesome! interesting how each rider performs the jumps, and the strategy of not jumping.

yeah, greg definitely lost at least 1sec with that wobble. but damn man, the way Loic was hoping to just ride that sucker out.. hahhahah. He is such a cool, undramatic rider.

just remembered: wasn't it Gwin that exploded his brakes at Leogang 2012 world champs, something bout them being prototypes? maybe he was running that proto roval :P

When he hit that "wobble" in the corner I said to the wife he won't keep his hot seat, he was 99% perfect! but as they said that course needs perfection, 1 second up to 6th place wasn't it??? Crazyyyyy

When he hit that "wobble" in the corner I said to the wife he won't keep his hot seat, he was 99% perfect! but as they said that course needs perfection, 1 second up to 6th place wasn't it??? Crazyyyyy

9 thousands between Greg and Troy!

I think it was quite surprising just how close the times were. The track has plenty line options, and plenty can go wrong in many different places, and yet there were sections ppl with particular strengths could gain time. case in point: loic out-qualified Gwin on the bottom section which was quite unexpected. Yet it was stacked to the gills. Just shows the level these guys are riding at. It's becoming very very exciting.

that cam view of the big jumps was awesome! interesting how each rider performs the jumps, and the strategy of not jumping.

Was nice to see Manon not taking the jumps. Makes so much more sense than landing hard because that can't make any of the jumps.

I think it was quite surprising just how close the times were. The track has plenty line options, and plenty can go wrong in many different places, and yet there were sections ppl with particular strengths could gain time. case in point: loic out-qualified Gwin on the bottom section which was quite unexpected. Yet it was stacked to the gills. Just shows the level these guys are riding at. It's becoming very very exciting.

Greg ' s mantra from 2 years ago shining through... "less bar bills, more bar bells"

9 thousands between Greg and Troy!

man, that must burn. i wonder what's the tolerance on that timing system.. 0.009. **** me..