So I rode a 29er

fanievb

Ride a 29er trailbike, (Tomac diplomat) got to admit it is awesome riding it in general,but when the trail gets Tight it does struggle a bit.For me it works seeing that I'm 6ft3 and when I bought my bike I had been out of cycling for 12years.So I rode a couple of bikes 26er and 29er and I just found that the 29er worked for me.My only criteria was that I wanted a trail bike and not a XC race bike,it was now time to have fun on the trail and that meant more travel than 100mm.But the saying is true-different strokes for different folks.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29er not good on technical rides and it feels that a 26" climbs better than a 29er (my opinion).

That is if you weigh as much as a parasite infested springbok in winter time .About 30kg ! Ok maybe 40kg,s ! Edited by Blitzer

I started with a 29" and would like to do the comparison with a 650b/27.5"

No reason to enter the dark side .We all came from there

Upgraded last year I upgraded to a 29er Carbon, from a heavy Alu 26". I am tall at 1.92m and riding an XL. Had a DH 26" for 3 months and I would say for turning is the 26" king but on the open roads nothing will catch a 29er... I would say when riding marathon I would use a 29er and for XC i would use a 26". Would like to try out a 27.5" DH bike...

But that is me...

Edited by The MTBer

I love my 29er. Not the top of the range but have slowly spec'ed it up. Now looking for a decent set of wheels. Fanie i'll show how she fly's down & up the hills at the 3 silos on Sunday :clap:

Adrian you are a perfect example of someone that's able to trash around a 29er like it's no one's business.

But as I said I can't see myself buying one very soon 'cause I'm spoilt weight and spec wise with my current bike and can't spend 20k plus on a bike.

Maybe its something to get used to I don't know.

For know I'll stick to my 26 (I can still keep up with the 29ers and even some roadies on a good day)

Edited by fanievb

Fanie there you go. You can compete with the BIG wheels, a good spec'ed 26.er and an extra 20k in the bank. Absolutely nothing wrong with that and we have some wicked trials here in EL aswell :clap:

I love my 29er. Not the top of the range but have slowly spec'ed it up. Now looking for a decent set of wheels. Fanie i'll show how she fly's down & up the hills at the 3 silos on Sunday :clap:

How far is the Sun ride

I race Enduros on mine,had to get a decent set of wheels built but my 29er does just fine. Where I lose in the very tight stuff I make it up somewhere else.

I've said it before, why change to slavishly be a follower of fashion.

A middle of the pack and social rider mostly doesn't need the so-called advantages.

I would also love to own a Cannondale Flash Carbon, but if the same bike was available in 26", how much of a difference would there be, other than spending an extra 20 or 30k on top of a spend already in the 50's or 60's.

for the love of a religious man.....wen will this stop?

i think you are missing the point of this thread, but thanks for your very constructive contribution