Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Cyclops)

Garfield2010

Did the "Risoul" route today. Only 12km but climbs 863m with some video.

Interestingly when it uploaded to Strava, it shows 12,9km and 1067m. Wonder why the metrics changed (duration is exactly the same though)?

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Argus in less than 8 weeks and no one put up races??? :whistling:

I'm sukkeling with a cold and cough that wont go away...need to be putting in the miles but no just getting fat

Are the majority of the races for "ALL devices" or are "speed-to-power" or "power-to-speed" trainers allowed?

Depends who creates the race,... The author determines which devices are allowed but usually they made open to all devices

Question for the technical minded,

how do you control resistance on your powerbeam without a Joules 3 ?

I cant get my joules 3 to pair with the powerbeam but  can get my joules gps to.

But then don't see how you change resistance ?

Question for the technical minded,

how do you control resistance on your powerbeam without a Joules 3 ?

I cant get my joules 3 to pair with the powerbeam but  can get my joules gps to.

But then don't see how you change resistance ?

Not sure, but i think it can be done as i recall seeing some options without a joule when going through the start up procedure before doing online races / rides.

Has your joule worked (paired) with the powerbeam before, and does it work normally otherwise?

The Joule 3 was discontinued about 2 years ago so there has been no development on the firmware for it, hence it not working with the PowerBeam.

The Joule GPS must have the latest firmware on it (19.087) - user upgradable through PowerAgent software - free to download from PowerTap.com. You then pair the Power Beam to the GPS and use the + and - buttons to control the resistance.

The Joule 3 was discontinued about 2 years ago so there has been no development on the firmware for it, hence it not working with the PowerBeam.

The Joule GPS must have the latest firmware on it (19.087) - user upgradable through PowerAgent software - free to download from PowerTap.com. You then pair the Power Beam to the GPS and use the + and - buttons to control the resistance.

Hi PT

When was this version (19.087) released and would the gps joule update the firmware version automatically when it is connected to the cycleops website like when you upload training rides to your training diary, or do you have to specifically look for updates and download them?

Thanks

Hi PT

When was this version (19.087) released and would the gps joule update the firmware version automatically when it is connected to the cycleops website like when you upload training rides to your training diary, or do you have to specifically look for updates and download them?

Thanks

Hi Swiss,

This was released about 6 months ago, and normally when you open Power Agent it should bring up a prompt window to say there are various updates available, you can also check under Tools - configure device or Tools - Firmware update. Either way, you will have to agree in some way to update the unit, It won't do it automatically.

Also it has to be done through the software - Power Agent - and not through the virtual training website.

http://www.powertap.com/collections/software/products/poweragent

Hi Swiss,

This was released about 6 months ago, and normally when you open Power Agent it should bring up a prompt window to say there are various updates available, you can also check under Tools - configure device or Tools - Firmware update. Either way, you will have to agree in some way to update the unit, It won't do it automatically.

Also it has to be done through the software - Power Agent - and not through the virtual training website.

http://www.powertap.com/collections/software/products/poweragent

Thanks, guess what I'm checking tonight

Hey, ladies, so it's summer I get it, everyone is riding outside, one race a week WOULDNT kill anyone

Testing

Testing

I am keen for next week. Post something. No video pls! Takes forever to download. Perhaps on tues or wed evening.....................

Archived