Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Cyclops)

Garfield2010

yea, you also more than welcome to pop over to my spot to have a looksie....maybe even try a few things.

Sweet. Will let you know in a week or 2. Will bring my tablet and we can have a look.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another race setup for tonight. FOLLONICA. Another 30km ride. Not sure I will make it but it is there for the others to join. Looks an awesome route.

Another race setup for tonight. FOLLONICA. Another 30km ride. Not sure I will make it but it is there for the others to join. Looks an awesome route.

No data...whahahhaha sad panda rouxtjie will wait for the new month

Ok I'm in for tonight.... Not sure I'll be competitive, but hey someone needs to play sweeper!

Ok I'm in for tonight.... Not sure I'll be competitive, but hey someone needs to play sweeper!

Haha well currently I am the sweeper so it should be a good race....

Maybe a stupid question -

If i buy the Powerbeam Pro do i need the Joule GPS ?

I have an iPad and would like to set up my training rides with intervals.

Is the Joule GPS just for outoors and recording your virtual ride ?

The Joule GPS can control the PowerBeam in terms of resistance and doing work outs, but to set up the workouts you need to do it in the Poweragent software then transfer it to the joule.

So no you don't need the Joule if you have the iPad and are going to use that.

@powertap - 2 questions:

1 - I have a powertap wheel, a manually controlled trainer and an ipad - can I join the party if I add the Ant+ dongle and software?

2 - If I buy a powerbeam pro trainer, can I use it as an "ordinary" trainer without the tablet?

The Joule GPS can control the PowerBeam in terms of resistance and doing work outs, but to set up the workouts you need to do it in the Poweragent software then transfer it to the joule.

So no you don't need the Joule if you have the iPad and are going to use that.

Thanks Skinnyone

So you can control your interval workouts through an iPad and the PowerAgent software ?

Sounds like a bit of a relief after i bought my Garmin GPS not so long ago.