Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Cyclops)

Garfield2010

a bit off the topic, but you all here so any way.

i have a G3 hub which is giving me power , speed and cadence when out on the road.

i have the power beam pro ant+ and a cadence sensor. when i use the power beam i am thus getting only power and cadence and no speed / distance as i have no speed sensor.

my question - can i get power readings from my power beam and have my G3 hub give me only speed and cadence (nb. i would like to remove the cadence sensor and not get power from the hub.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a bit off the topic, but you all here so any way.

i have a G3 hub which is giving me power , speed and cadence when out on the road.

i have the power beam pro ant+ and a cadence sensor. when i use the power beam i am thus getting only power and cadence and no speed / distance as i have no speed sensor.

my question - can i get power readings from my power beam and have my G3 hub give me only speed and cadence (nb. i would like to remove the cadence sensor and not get power from the hub.

Your PowerBeam Pro should be give speed readings, the PowerBeam together with the software will calculate speed based off a known power, know weight and known % of grade.

so, this does not mean that because wheel speed is say 30kph your speed displayed will be 30kph, this is important to note. the PowerBeam will try keep it as close as possible by providing resistance but there are differences.

we would like to get your PowerBeam reading speed first before we go on to your question of using a hub, trainer and speed cadence sensor as this should not be needed at all.

Your PowerBeam Pro should be give speed readings, the PowerBeam together with the software will calculate speed based off a known power, know weight and known % of grade.

so, this does not mean that because wheel speed is say 30kph your speed displayed will be 30kph, this is important to note. the PowerBeam will try keep it as close as possible by providing resistance but there are differences.

we would like to get your PowerBeam reading speed first before we go on to your question of using a hub, trainer and speed cadence sensor as this should not be needed at all.

Please give me some info on what I need to ride with you okes.

I only have a tablet samsung, no trainer nothing. Trainer, dongles, ant+...... Please help

I only have a tablet samsung, no trainer nothing. Trainer, dongles, ant+...... Please help

I'm with you on this one.

Go Bluetooth flat29 then there is no need for dongles and what not...also with tablets, there is less admin ito cables and bootups and drivers and stront.

Powerbeam Bluetooth + 1 bicycle and you will be rolling in 10 minutes, no word of a lie

Go Bluetooth flat29 then there is no need for dongles and what not...also with tablets, there is less admin ito cables and bootups and drivers and stront.

Powerbeam Bluetooth + 1 bicycle and you will be rolling in 10 minutes, no word of a lie

So all i need is a powerbeam pro trainer and the tablet with the bluetooth on

So all i need is a powerbeam pro trainer and the tablet with the bluetooth on

check if your tablet is blue tooth compatible.

my galaxy 10' tab is not, cannot stream and the download feature is only for Apple.

was forced to go pc version or buy a new Tablet or ipad

check if your tablet is blue tooth compatible.

my galaxy 10' tab is not, cannot stream and the download feature is only for Apple.

was forced to go pc version or buy a new Tablet or ipad

My galaxy has bluetooth. Will make 100% sure. I see you can only download virtual routes to a ipad, is that correct. My head hurts

Edited by flat29

My galaxy has bluetooth. Will make 100% sure. I see you can only download virtual routes to a ipad, is that correct. My head hurts

yes, but not to android tablets - you stream the videos - so data is a concern.

to be honest the streaming video thing is a data hog....if you uncapped unshaped ADSL then you golden...but if you like me and have a 1,5gb cap on you 3G you won't use this. Doesn't mean you cannot race though

Ok so the it would be better to have a ipad or laptop than a tablet

to be honest the streaming video thing is a data hog....if you uncapped unshaped ADSL then you golden...but if you like me and have a 1,5gb cap on you 3G you won't use this. Doesn't mean you cannot race though

No man, now I am in the dark again. So what do I do if I want to race but not use 1 GB every time? capped at 5 gb per month

Ok so the it would be better to have a ipad or laptop than a tablet

Depends on your needs flat....tablet would be easiest imo and then of course bluetooth protocol. Also like madone said, just make sure your tablet has the right bluetooth...think its called bluetooth lite

No man, now I am in the dark again. So what do I do if I want to race but not use 1 GB every time? capped at 5 gb per month

You just disable the streaming...which I didn't do last night like a poephol. its a toggle that you can flip on or off.

You just disable the streaming...which I didn't do last night like a poephol. its a toggle that you can flip on or off.

Thanks. Will go visit bicyclepower end of july and have a look

Thanks. Will go visit bicyclepower end of july and have a look

yea, you also more than welcome to pop over to my spot to have a looksie....maybe even try a few things.