Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Cyclops)

Garfield2010

the metrics - how do you change it to read meters , km , etc

in the top right hand corner select the two cogs and change to metric.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For some unknown reason I see my multiquote button is not working...

@antoj - They should show those power figures in w/kg.... not just Watts..... :)

For some unknown reason I see my multiquote button is not working...

@antoj - They should show those power figures in w/kg.... not just Watts..... :)

kekekeke you get your power/weight as a metric when you ride...thanks goodness the other okes can't see mine. I will be skaam

@v12 mine is also not working

Mine works when I change browsers.... This one is firefox....

in the top right hand corner select the two cogs and change to metric.

thanks.

and yes , you are m....r strong as said. :thumbup:

for those that want to see the route and my file from last night: http://my.virtualtraining.cycleops.com/en/dave/workout/212907

Jeez Dave you klapped it! 173bpm over 50min. RRespect! Not even mentioning the watts

Looking forward to join you guys as soon as my internet is sorted. Also still busy with the tech guys at cycleops vt to sort out my issue with virtual routes data not wanting to save to my training diary

Jeez Dave you klapped it! 173bpm over 50min. RRespect! Not even mentioning the watts

Looking forward to join you guys as soon as my internet is sorted. Also still busy with the tech guys at cycleops vt to sort out my issue with virtual routes data not wanting to save to my training diary

btw. another huge thanks to you for the copying of the routes from your hard drive to mine. :thumbup: :thumbup:

( have not used it yet , telkom is what it is..... :thumbdown: )

Jaco and Madone...you lads in for next Tue....?

Go till we blow....race for the hub cup :ph34r:

as soon as telkom is sorted, for sure

Can someone please take me through the Virtual bike settings. Wheel size and bike weight especially. I definitely ride slower online than I do in real life.

Can someone please take me through the Virtual bike settings. Wheel size and bike weight especially. I definitely ride slower online than I do in real life.

Same here....the thing with IDT's are you definitely work harder for you km's because there are no free ones. There was a thread the other day about it...ito working harder on a IDT than on real road, the pedal deadspot on an IDT seems to be the culprit but since we all have it, everything is equal and we can race....except weight of course :whistling:

I left my wheelsize at 2100mm, also my bike weight is 9kg. Don't think this matters since it only uses your power numbers to determine how fast you are going.

Edited by rouxtjie

The power readings will also be +-10% lower due to heat losses (your body struggles to keep cool) etc. The weight setting will affect the speed as this is calculated off the power and known slope of the trainer. Wheel size can be 2095/2100 depending on tyre size.

Calibration is important on the PowerBeam especially if you have taken your bike off and fitted it back onto the trainer look at it as a 2 min warmup before the gun goes.