LBS priorities...eish

Fabian46

Had my bike at a LBS recently for a service and left there kinda cheesed off.

Booked my bike in the previous day for a service and couple of adjustments....get there the next day....and nothings been done. So i wait there....for a couple of hours... while i watch the owner working on a couple other bikes first...so i dont bother too much....then he pulls in his own personal bike in and starts servicing it. at this point im quite irritated but keep my cool.

So firstly...i was a paying customer...so he wasnt doing me any favours. secondly, i took the bike there the previous day already.

I really want to support the smaller establishments....but this okes priorities was way off!

I dont think im being petty when i expect the same kind of service from a big or small establishment.

He should maybe service his own while no one is watching.... :whistling:

THE QUESTION EVERYONE IS GOING TO ASK

NAME AND SHAME

Nah Dips...I dont want to do that. There are many other shops to go . I'm more trying to get a feel as to how far our loyalty as customers goes regarding our smaller LBS establishments

Did they say that your bike will be ready the next day? And did they call you to say that your bike is ready?

If both parties agreed that it will be done by the next day, you have a reason to be frustrated, but if you just assumed that it will be ready the next day, well then it was a lack of communication from both parties.

Nah Dips...I dont want to do that. There are many other shops to go . I'm more trying to get a feel as to how far our loyalty as customers goes regarding our smaller LBS establishments

agreed nothing will come from it, but as i always say move on find a REAL LBS dont put up with *** you dont need, that guy must take his bike off the work station and try help you as quickly as possible, then i will support him

Not far when a lot of them seem to be doing their best to destroy it. I walk into a certain big cycle shop chain(yes that one, won't say which branch, but not the closest to me) yesterday as they are the only place open on a Sunday.

I require a starnut. Fairly common as oh, 99.95% or so of bikes use said item(correct me if I'm crazy), ask, get blank stares, no they don't have any.....ok, have any topcap sets with them in? Nope? Are you sure they're pretty common. Why no I wouldn't like to scratch in the takeoff and odds and ends box. Very nice of you to offer but pretty sure any starnut in there won't work so well.

Maybe it's just my luck never being close to my local shop when I need stuff but yeah.

Did they say that your bike will be ready the next day? And did they call you to say that your bike is ready?

If both parties agreed that it will be done by the next day, you have a reason to be frustrated, but if you just assumed that it will be ready the next day, well then it was a lack of communication from both parties.

Yes it was agreed, in fact, he had the bike from the Thursday evening, so that i could pick it up the Saturday morning to go for a ride...

But even still...to pull your own bike in for a service while you have a customer standing there and waiting....uncool. I think im too polite when it comes to to that kinda thing...

Yes it was agreed, in fact, he had the bike from the Thursday evening, so that i could pick it up the Saturday morning to go for a ride...

But even still...to pull your own bike in for a service while you have a customer standing there and waiting....uncool. I think im too polite when it comes to to that kinda thing...

Ja, look that is unacceptable. If you did not agree on a date and time, he might have had a leg to stand on, but it is just super arrogant to not finish a job in time, and taking care of your personal bike while the customer is waiting. I won't support them again.

It seems politeness gets you nowhere with service, from any kind of business.

It seems politeness gets you nowhere with service, from any kind of business.

This line from The Untouchables says a lot:

Al Capone: You can get further with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word.