• Ridley Scott
    • M. Night Shyamalan
    • Steven Spielberg
    • Quentin Tarantino
    • Orson Welles
    • Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

My first trip to the theatre

gleaming the cube....I remember that...right at the end of the skateboard craze that was largely initiated by....

http://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/hypebeast-wordpress/image/2008/02/nike-sb-dunk-high-thrashin-2.jpg

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My first trip to the theater.. was 10 at the time. I remember drinking a green slush puppy in the movie and pretending it was Ninja Turtle juice.

Oh man I remember seeing that in the cinema back in my youth...

Also remember seeing one of the Jurassic Park movies and the top of the drinks had glow in the dark dinosaur heads...

Oh man I remember seeing that in the cinema back in my youth...

Also remember seeing one of the Jurassic Park movies and the top of the drinks had glow in the dark dinosaur heads...

I sh4t myself. Had dreams of velociraptors roaming our garden for weeks...

My first trip to the theater.. was 10 at the time. I remember drinking a green slush puppy in the movie and pretending it was Ninja Turtle juice.

I was in Std 9 - we had a class party the Kine Entertainment Centre (in town), then went to Masquerade/The Doors afterwards for the real party. Can't remember much of the movie, until I got a copy (on Betamax) and then it got played to death.

BTW - who remembers that place (Kine Entertainment Centre)?

I was in Std 9 - we had a class party the Kine Entertainment Centre (in town), then went to Masquerade/The Doors afterwards for the real party. Can't remember much of the movie, until I got a copy (on Betamax) and then it got played to death.

I am a huge turtles fan[emoji5]

Haha, the fact that Jim Henson is behind this one is far too evident. We talking about the creator of the muppets here! I find it best not to revisit things I thought was uber cool as a kid. I just end up disappointing myself and ruining the memory.I rewatched some of this a few years back. Absolutely terrible.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/120/5/9/thundercats_1985_2011_logo_by_pencilshade-d4y2uzr.png

Michael Bay's reboot of the turtles got me excited I must admit. I assumed that the new gritty realization of the turtles concept was aimed at fans of the original series. Since we are much older now. But it just turned out to be blockbuster rubbish. I'd rather re-watch the old ones for its entertainment value.

gleaming the cube....I remember that...right at the end of the skateboard craze that was largely initiated by....

http://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/hypebeast-wordpress/image/2008/02/nike-sb-dunk-high-thrashin-2.jpg

I tried to find gleaming the cube last nite. But guess what. Not one seed.

I did however find this. Probably watch it tonight

http://www.dodaj.rs/f/3Z/Tf/1cT0Ul4o/rad-1986.jpg

Circa 1986

Classic.

I was about 5, and when Michaelangelo said "I love being a ninja turtle", I jumped up on my seat and at the top of my voice shouted "YEAH, I LOVE BEING A NINJA TURTLE!!"

My family still rips me off about that :w00t:   

I tried to find gleaming the cube last nite. But guess what. Not one seed.

I did however find this. Probably watch it tonight

Circa 1986

dont remember that movie (although it looks familiar)

one thing I do remember about thrashin is these okes were in it...they were still *** back then though  :whistling:

Was having a look at the poll list...no Alan Parker fans? 

can add him if you want? - you will notice a lot of important directors have been left off...just because it impossible to acknowledge everyone..but i thought i did ok :D

I see all the bond comments. For everybody who hasn't Kingsmen: The Secret service is worth a watch. The ending is absolutely ludicrous but it is a great fil with the best fighting scenes I have seen in ages.

Also, Roger Moore Bond is best bond :)

Watched The Wolf of Wall Street the other night as well as the latest Avengers

Got a few stacked and ready to go as well:

Lincoln

Machine Gun Preacher

Green Street 3: Never back down

American Sniper

I finally found a True Detective that works! Once Breaking bad is finished, True Detective is next....

I remember the Kine Centre! ( and Masquerade but that's another thread)

I think at some stage the Kine Centre was said to have the largest "regular" movie screen in the southern hemisphere.

Bunked school to watch Pulp Fiction there on the morning it came out...

wh

Watched The Wolf of Wall Street the other night as well as the latest Avengers

Got a few stacked and ready to go as well:

Lincoln

Machine Gun Preacher

Green Street 3: Never back down

American Sniper

I finally found a True Detective that works! Once Breaking bad is finished, True Detective is next....

wrong thread old man

what did you think of wolf of wall street? I thought it was ***..only reason why its got a high rating is because of scorcese and his hard on for dicaprio....a movie that certainly does not deserve to be anywhere near the top 250 list