• Martin Scorsese
    • Ridley Scott
    • M. Night Shyamalan
    • Steven Spielberg
    • Quentin Tarantino
    • Orson Welles
    • Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

After Taboo, I wanted to watch something else with Tom Hardy in it and I ended up watching This Means War (2012) again. I saw it when it first came out and thought it was fun but forgettable. Maybe I'm less objective now that I'm more of a Tom Hardy fan, but I quite enjoyed watching this last night. An entertaining and light-hearted action comedy, ideal for a slow evening at home. 7/10

This_Means_War_Poster.jpg

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently watched two movies: Arrival amd check point.

I cannot get that time back in my life, its gone for good, wasted.

Biggest load of bollacks ever. Check point was terrible, the worst acting i have witnessed and the story was just as bad. Arrival was so slow that im surprised they arrived at all!

I thought the Kangaroo analogy was pretty funny....

• 2 weeks later...

A whole bunch of 6/10s:

Monster Trucks (2016) 6/10.

Is it great? No. But is it fun? Yes. It won't win any Oscars and I would never have paid to go and see it at a theater, but for sitting at home and and watching a silly movie about monster trucks it's good entertainment.

Headshot (2016) 6/10.

Can't really compare to The Raid, despite the many reviews I've read comparing the two. It's by no means a bad movie, it's just not very good, either. Apart from a few good action scenes the plot is fairly predictable and while the actors are all competent, none of them deliver a stand-out performance.

All-Nighter (2017) 6/10.

If it wasn't for JK Simmons I doubt I would have bothered watching this. As it is, even he can't really lift this formulaic rom-com to anything more than an occasional chuckle. It's not that it's horrible - it's just so bland. It's as if somebody read a book called How To Make A Rom-Com Movie: It feels as if everything was done by the numbers, with very little heart.

I watched Rogue One on Sunday evening - quite enjoyed it.

They've done well to keep/bring back the older cast members from the first trilogy - think Jimmy Smits (the senator in more than just one series, 24:Legacy).

Rogue One was the first title referred to as an Anthology film.

Looks like Han Solo gets his turn next, in 2018 (dubbed: Untitled Hans Solo anthology film).

Followed by Episode IX in 2019 and another Untitled anthology film in 2020.

That would make for an epic long weekend binge watch, one day... 12x 130 mins (ave time).

• 2 weeks later...

And seems to have a great soundtrack too[emoji106]

I approve! Apparently, Chris H could be my little brother if you squint really hard :) #gochris

I hope 'Immigration Song' is in the soundtrack. Makes me want to go watch 'Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'again.

Watched Logan last week. Dark, dark superhero movie. Loved it. But can imagine a parent thinking WTF??!

Edited by Thor Buttox

I approve! Apparently, Chris H could be my little brother if you squint really hard :) #gochris

I hope 'Immigration Song' is in the soundtrack. Makes me want to go watch 'Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'again.

Watched Logan last week. Dark, dark superhero movie. Loved it. But can imagine a parent thinking WTF??!

Lol.. I will remember to squint if we ever meet. [emoji39]

I enjoy Thor..and not just for the obvious reason.