• Martin Scorsese
    • Ridley Scott
    • M. Night Shyamalan
    • Steven Spielberg
    • Quentin Tarantino
    • Orson Welles
    • Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

http://25.media.tumblr.com/f2e92373d85e2365fdbc3e23ecd5c16c/tumblr_mjqdjx64eX1s35cr4o1_500.gif

I've watched that for 10 seconds and he hasn't done the splits yet.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've watched that for 10 seconds and he hasn't done the splits yet.

Wait until he starts using the patented Van Damme Secret Technique.

Jean-Claude-Van-Damme.gif

Saw Lagaan (2001) this week.

"The people of a small village in Victorian India stake their future on a game of cricket against their ruthless British rulers."

What a great movie to watch! I don't normally watch Bollywood movies, but this one got such great reviews and I've been on a bit of a sports movie binge, that I decided to take a chance. And I loved it!

Whether you like sports movies, underdog movies, movies with good music or just simply good movies - I would recommend it. I scored it 8/10 (be warned, it's nearly 4 hours long - I ended up watching it over two evenings).

http://www.downloadall.in/images/Lagaan.jpg

Edited by Readsalot

"The people of a small village in Victorian India stake their future on a game of cricket against their ruthless British rulers."[/size]

What a great movie to watch! I don't normally watch Bollywood movies, but this one got such great reviews and I've been on a bit of a sports movie binge, that I decided to take a chance. And I loved it!

Whether you like sports movies, underdog movies, movies with good music or just simply good movies - I would recommend it. I scored it 8/10 (be warned, it's nearly 4 hours long - I ended up watching it over two evenings).

Speaking of bollywood....

I really enjoyed this:

post-86802-0-85865300-1506188828.jpg

The fact that I was the only one that voted for Akira Kurosawa is a little sad. 

If you are a movie buff, you will have watched at least one of his films.

Here is great clip explaining his brilliance as a Film Director and Editor. 

If you are a Clint Eastwood fan you would be interested to know that "A Fist Full of Dollars" was based on Kurosawa's "Yojimbo" 

I started this thread with this guys youtube channel..sadly he seems to have stopped..I just hope it is because he is now directing movies because his channel is brilliant!

Watched two great movies last night.

Fire in Babylon (2010) 8/10.

2010 British documentary film about the record-breaking West Indies cricket team of the 1970s and 1980s. The documentary describes the ascension of West Indies cricket from being a team largely composed of highly talented, entertaining, "Calypso Cricketers" to a determined unit that dominated world cricket for nearly twenty years. (Wiki)

La Famille Bélier (2014) 8/10.

French comedy-drama film that received six nominations at the 40th César Awards. Sixteen-year-old Paula is an indispensable interpreter for her deaf parents and brother on a daily basis, especially in the running of the family farm. One day, a music teacher discovers her gift for singing and encourages Paula to participate in a prestigious singing contest in Paris. (Wiki)

"The people of a small village in Victorian India stake their future on a game of cricket against their ruthless British rulers."

Speaking of bollywood....

I really enjoyed this:

attachicon.gifimages.jpg

Cocktail, the only Bollywood movie I've watched. Quite enjoyable, although it got a 6.2/10 rating on IMDb.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2168910/

Diana Penty gets a 10/10 from me :wub:

Watched Assassins Creed last night, it was ok. I was hoping for more of a traditional Assassins Creed story line, but it gave the idea that there could a sequel.

I'd love to see a good JL movie, but to be honest, this looks like an absolute CGI shitfest. 

*green screen all the things*

I'd love to see a good JL movie, but to be honest, this looks like an absolute CGI shitfest. 

*green screen all the things*

On the other hand, since they got Whedon in to finish the movie and let him add a few scenes of his own, my optimism is really high. I recently watched Avengers again, also with lots of green screen scenes, and it is still very high on my list of all-time favourite movies. In fact, it might just be at the very top.