• Martin Scorsese
    • Ridley Scott
    • M. Night Shyamalan
    • Steven Spielberg
    • Quentin Tarantino
    • Orson Welles
    • Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

so Orphan Black becomes a movie. I can work with that, if only to eyeball Rapace's legs. So much of yum. talking of yum, OB was downright awesome!

Clearly I don’t watch enough TV... not a bad thing I guess.

Never heard of OB until now, like a few other series’ that I ended up watching after reading the “TV series thread”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly I don’t watch enough TV... not a bad thing I guess.

Never heard of OB until now, like a few other series’ that I ended up watching after reading the “TV series thread”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's amazing about ob is that the actress plays all the roles. How she didn't win an Emmy for a role in that I really don't understand

The Last Jedi

Other than 25 mins of 'where did the thread go' and Benicio showing up poorly casted, such a cool new addition to the Star Wars story.

And the odd microscopic plot hole here and there...

High five George Lucas and team ????????

The Last Jedi

Other than 25 mins of 'where did the thread go' and Benicio showing up poorly casted, such a cool new addition to the Star Wars story.

And the odd microscopic plot hole here and there...

High five George Lucas and team ????????

I assume you are sarcastic when you say the plot holes are "microscopic"...

But I agree, in hindsight the previous movie felt more like a "fan tribute" than the start of a standalone trilogy. At least with this movie the trilogy starts breaking some new ground.

Overall a good movie.

Watched SW last night.

Impressed with it I was. For the first time watching any SW movie I was not able to predict the whole plot.

Rian Johnson probably the best SW script writer in the whole SW saga.

But please, don't watch it in 3D. Not worth it. The background details gets lost in the 3D noise.

Edited by Moridin

• 2 weeks later...

Ghost in the Shell, not as good as I hoped it would be.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Ghost in the Shell, not as good as I hoped it would be.

Those effects where pretty good though.

Those effects where pretty good though.

That they were.

Well, the Last Jedi is just awesome. If a movie seems great to my adult mind I am impressed and happy. If it makes me feel 12 again I am eternally grateful.

While I thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed the Last Jedi. I found this review HILARIOUS!! 

PLEASE NOTE SPOILER ALERT!! So don't watch if you haven't seen it.

Marshall (2017) 8/10.

No real surprises here. It's a good bio film done by the numbers but in this case that's not a negative. No real surprises or twists but this film was never intended to be a mystery/drama/thriller. It was intended to pay homage to one of the most influential and iconic men who ever lived and it succeeds admirably in that purpose. 

In a story as old as time what really stands out are the characters and the actors who portray them and the director who guides them. All do a fantastic job and while the story inevitably seemed somewhat predictable, I was never bored. Instead I was fascinated by the man himself, Thurgood Marshall, and the drive and purpose he displayed. 

I can pay no greater respect to him than to say that if ever there was a man who reminded me of Nelson Mandela it was Thurgood Marshall.

couple of good movies coming up. First one....

THREE BILLBOARDS OUTSIDE EBBING, MISSOURI is a darkly comedic drama from Academy Award® winner Martin McDonagh (IN BRUGES). After months have passed without a culprit in her daughter’s murder case, Mildred Hayes (Academy Award® winner Frances McDormand) makes a bold move, commissioning three signs leading into her town with a controversial message directed at William Willoughby (Academy Award® nominee Woody Harrelson), the town's revered chief of police. When his second-in-command Officer Dixon (Sam Rockwell), an immature mother’s boy with a penchant for violence, gets involved, the battle between Mildred and Ebbing's law enforcement is only exacerbated.

Written and Directed by: Martin McDonagh

Produced by: Graham Broadbent, Pete Czernin, Martin McDonagh

Cast: Frances McDormand, Woody Harrelson, Sam Rockwell, Abbie Cornish, Lucas Hedges, Željko Ivanek, Caleb Landry Jones, Clarke Peters, Samara Weaving with John Hawkes and Peter Dinklage