• Orson Welles
    • Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My daughter forced me to buy her tickets for the opening this Tuesday. Apparently there's a lekker SA accent

We watched it earlier today...cinema was packed with unruly teens..what is it with the youth of today huh [emoji848]It was pretty damm good..worth a night out ..Andrew Serkis does a pretty good SA accent again (he was also in the second Avengers and we all know his as Gollum)

Pulling off an African accent might be tougher to do for some of the actors than what we would've thought .but they weren't terrible at least not enough to ruin it and if you aren't from Africa you wouldn't even notice it.... a lot of local actors from SA and the rest of Africa and some lekker local music...[emoji1303]

I won't give away spoilers but I will say when I grow up to want to be Okoye..she is bad ass.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Edited by Gen

We watched it earlier today...cinema was packed with unruly teens..what is it with the youth of today huh [emoji848]...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I can't wait to see it but I will just have to be patient, since I detest going to the theater. I used to love it, would often go and watch a movie whenever I had a free morning or afternoon as a student. But the last several times I went other moviegoers would ruin the experience for me so I just completely stopped.

Plus, we have a great home system, comfortable couches and a beer fridge! 

BP was amazing! I really enjoyed it. It was so refreshing to see a big blockbuster film that felt like it was made right here. It is relevant and authentic.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Nice review/analysis here!

https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2018-02-19-black-panther-shining-a-light-onto-africans-self-belief-and-aspirations

That’s all I’m hearing hey ????????

Will go check it out this week

Black Panther

Best origin storie I’ve seen

Eclipsing Dark Knight

Refreshing

Layered and sophisticated

Superb acting

Relevant

Inspirational

Touching

Black Panther

Best origin storie I’ve seen

Eclipsing Dark Knight

Refreshing

Layered and sophisticated

Superb acting

Relevant

Inspirational

Touching

'The Dark Knight' wasn't an origin story. 

#justsaying

This weekend we watched Gilbert grape. I have always said that of all his roles.. This was the one that DiCaprio should have got an Oscar for. Watching it again my curiosity was piqued so I googled to see who else was in line that year for best supporting

Leonardo DiCaprio - Gilbert grape

Ralph fiennes - Schindler's list

John malkovic - in the line of fire

Tommy Lee Jones - the fugitive

Peter poselthwaite - in the belle of the father

Based on that it's a dead heat between Leonardo and poselthwaite... And I think the old man should have got it... Instead... Tommy Lee Jones won it. What a crock of horse manure. This is why the Oscars annoys the bejeevers out of me

'The Dark Knight' wasn't an origin story.

#justsaying

Meant eclipsing Dark Knight as one of my favourite super hero movies

And on par with Wonder Women

Highly recommended ????????

The Shape of Water (2017) 7/10.

It was good, but didn't really blow me away. Del Toro, as always, makes beautiful films to watch and he has a solid cast so I understand why some people rave about it. But the story felt somewhat predictable and most of the characters were caricatures and by the end of the movie I thought: Okay, watched that. Next?

Just to put it into perspective, I think Three Billboards is a better film both in story and performances from main cast, while Water is prettier but without as much substance.

The Shape of Water (2017) 7/10.

It was good, but didn't really blow me away. Del Toro, as always, makes beautiful films to watch and he has a solid cast so I understand why some people rave about it. But the story felt somewhat predictable and most of the characters were caricatures and by the end of the movie I thought: Okay, watched that. Next?

Just to put it into perspective, I think Three Billboards is a better film both in story and performances from main cast, while Water is prettier but without as much substance.

+1

Any thoughts on Red Sparrow as yet? ‍♂

I'm not a big Jennifer Lawrence fan so I'm not in a hurry to watch it. I'll probably wait until it's released on VOD so I can watch it at home.