• Orson Welles
    • Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aquaman - no, no, no. If you want to do an Origins movie, do an origins movie.

If you want to do an adventure, quest movie, do an adventure, quest movie.

If you want to do a revenge move, do a revenge movie. But please for the love of all that is good, choose one!

This movie was three hours of rambling, confused, convoluted much-ado about nothing screen writing.

It was like if Moana and Lord of the Rings had a baby.

What a complete let down. DC just can't get it right.

Tomb Raider - different from the Tomb Raider's that starred Angelina, but I enjoyed it.

IMDb gave it a 6.3/10, I give it a 7/10.

Aquaman - no, no, no. If you want to do an Origins movie, do an origins movie.

If you want to do an adventure, quest movie, do an adventure, quest movie.

If you want to do a revenge move, do a revenge movie. But please for the love of all that is good, choose one!

This movie was three hours of rambling, confused, convoluted much-ado about nothing screen writing.

It was like if Moana and Lord of the Rings had a baby.

What a complete let down. DC just can't get it right.

Agreed. Not to mention the cheesy-as-faaaark soundtrack. I mean, really!? WTF was it? 

Was mucho disappointed. 

Agreed. Not to mention the cheesy-as-faaaark soundtrack. I mean, really!? WTF was it?

Was mucho disappointed.

I had a jol watching it.. a lot of fun was had by my family.

The visual effect were great the fight scenes were done really well.. all in all just a lekker fun movie to watch...

Edited by Gen

'The Edge of Seventeen' - 9/10

Not my usual taste but I thought it was brilliantly acted and written. Woody Harrelson is hilarious. Everyone with teenage kids should watch it with their kids ASAP. (And it may give you flashbacks of being which is never a bad thing as a new year flashes past...)

Edited by Thor Buttox

Oh yes

What a beautiful ????

About dignity, exemption, friendship, racial bias and more.

Avengers: Infinity War

I thought it was epic, even though I didn't enjoy seeing some of my favourite characters being turned to dust, and it could have had a more interesting ending.

Looking forward to Captain Marvel, which will be released a day after my birthday. Going to speak to the Mrs about looking for someone to babysit our daughter on that evening, as it will be the first time in a long time that we'll be visiting a cinema.

For Thel Christmas Eve present game I bought one of those 100 great movie scratch off poster things. Between my daughter and I we made sure one of us ended up with it. We have scratched of what we have watched together already and are going to start working lot way through them all.

I reckon it's gonna be quite fun and it means that we each are going to watch movies that we have been putting off for various reasons... Like Alien for her. It means I'm gonna have to watch the lion king and the matrix... Bit we'll leave those for last....

Ah yes, that's the way to get more peeps to visit a media that is on the decline.

Easier to wait a couple of weeks and get the movie for a fraction of the price from an on-demand service. My lounge is pretty comfy, with an adequete sound system, fresh popcorn, and pause-for-pee-breaks.

Ah yes, that's the way to get more peeps to visit a media that is on the decline.

Easier to wait a couple of weeks and get the movie for a fraction of the price from an on-demand service. My lounge is pretty comfy, with an adequete sound system, fresh popcorn, and pause-for-pee-breaks.

Interesting your say that. Movies out here are a massive night out. Very often booked out.. And definitely are for premieres. Adult price for an adult is €11 for a 2D and €8 for a student.... So you're still getting it pretty cheap back in SA with the increase

Yeh, much better to wait until a movie is available for home viewing, but I still want to watch Captain Marvel on the big screen.

Yeh, much better to wait until a movie is available for home viewing, but I still want to watch Captain Marvel on the big screen.

We now only watch certain superhero or movies with great special effects at the cinema.

We now only watch certain superhero or movies with great special effects at the cinema.

The last movie my wife and I watched at a cinema was Fantastic Beasts, and that's when she was still pregnant. So it's been a while since we watched anything on the big screen. I think we'll make a date night on the 8th of March.