• Orson Welles
    • Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight I have a date with the men in my house.. and we are off to watch Warcraft[emoji57]

I can confirm the geeks in my house approve..my youngest only criticized a few things that didn't follow the game's storyline but in general he approves.. and couldn't stop talking g about it..afterwards.

I never played the game, but I found it enjoyable.[emoji818]

This is seriously annoying, because I hate the fact that Tom Cruise was cast as Jack Reacher since I am a big fan of the books and he is completely unsuitable for the character - but the trailer actually looks like a pretty decent action movie. I wasn't convinced by the first movie and really hoped they would just let it go - but now I kinda want to see this movie.   :mellow: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gf1MvyKfYc&spfreload=5

Creepers. I just watched Room. Disturbingly joyful film. That bit with the kid in the truck was particularly edgy.

Very, VERY good film. One of the best of this year for sure. 

Tonight I have a date with the men in my house.. and we are off to watch Warcraft[emoji57]

Ergh. It had such promise. The SFX was out of a 3rd rate British sitcom. Story was WEAK. 

This is seriously annoying, because I hate the fact that Tom Cruise was cast as Jack Reacher since I am a big fan of the books and he is completely unsuitable for the character - but the trailer actually looks like a pretty decent action movie. I wasn't convinced by the first movie and really hoped they would just let it go - but now I kinda want to see this movie.   :mellow: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gf1MvyKfYc&spfreload=5

Looks good, but I agree on the casting. He's just... not. 

Someone like Tom Hardy or Dolph Lundgren (don't laugh - his physique alone would be perfect) Liam Neeson, Kevin Durand (this is the guy I'd choose out of all of them, probably) then also a whole host of other actors...

Cruise is jut too darn small

Looks good, but I agree on the casting. He's just... not. 

Someone like Tom Hardy or Dolph Lundgren (don't laugh - his physique alone would be perfect) Liam Neeson, Kevin Durand (this is the guy I'd choose out of all of them, probably) then also a whole host of other actors...

Cruise is jut too darn small

True (and despite that he is a Scientologistic nutjob), but you can't deny his commitment to his action roles. He's always 100% in, doing his own stunts and what not.

True (and despite that he is a Scientologistic nutjob), but you can't deny his commitment to his action roles. He's always 100% in, doing his own stunts and what not.

Agreed. TO some extent, I'm prepared to overlook the blatant disregard of the character's attributes as a result of Cruise's dedication to the role. But - he could at least have bulked up a bit!

Very, VERY good film. One of the best of this year for sure.

Ergh. It had such promise. The SFX was out of a 3rd rate British sitcom. Story was WEAK.

Very much targeted for young teens..

My boys loved it.

My boys loved it.

Myles, you are clearly not childish enough.

Get it together man!

Guest notmyname

Wrong thread.

Edited by Bronze green boy

My boys loved it.

I saw both Warcraft and X-Men Apocalypse this weekend and really enjoyed them. While not a World of Warcraft player myself my brother was and I used to be a fairly big gamer (mainly Playstation) so maybe that helped, but have to say I didn't expect a lot of depth or to like the Orc characters so much and I was pleasantly surprised.

As for X-Men - well, I'm a fan of anything with Olivia Munn  :whistling: but I also think it's one of the better X-Men movies. Once again, I think Quicksilver stole the show with his speed scene - DC will really have to step it up with their Flash if they are going to compete.

Creepers. I just watched Room. Disturbingly joyful film. That bit with the kid in the truck was particularly edgy.

I'm a massive fan of brie Larson... two brilliant performances by the both of them