Sani2c 2015

Gringo

I spoke to Matt from Easybike yesterday. They are busy uploading the courses onto Garmin Connect which you will then be able to send to the 310/910XT device.

You cant import it yourself - I tried

thanks Iapa. i'm in the 910xt boat myself and had actually given up on trying to nav myself and told my partner its over to him. would be great if they can get it going

let us know how it turns out

cheers

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spoke to Matt from Easybike yesterday. They are busy uploading the courses onto Garmin Connect which you will then be able to send to the 310/910XT device.

that would be easier :)

Would this cover the FR 405?

Would this cover the FR 405?

If you can upload courses from Garmin Connect to your device then I expect that it would, but I am no expert on the topic...

If you can upload courses from Garmin Connect to your device then I expect that it would, but I am no expert on the topic...

Ok well I may as well try once the courses are loaded on GC.

Anyone know of a a person / team whom have booked the shuttle service and not going to use it?

For a mate whom got an entry recently

Easybike have setup the files for the Garmin Forerunner 310XT and Forerunner 910XT units.

Here are the instructions they provided to me.

We have included instructions below for both the modern and classic views of Garmin Connect.

Garmin Connect Modern View

Garmin Forerunner 310XT & 910XT

Please make sure you load your GPS before the event. Internet access is required and this will be limited during the event and at registration.

1. You will require Garmin Express and Garmin Communicator running on your PC, your Forerunner will need to be paired with your PC.

(Please ensure this is working and your GPS is paired before you go any further)

- http://software.garmin.com/en-US/express.html- (Garmin Express)

- http://software.garmin.com/en-US/gcp.html- (Garmin Communicator)

2. Garmin Connect Instructions

- Sign up and Create an account with Garmin Connect (If you do not already have one) and follow the on screen instructions.

- www.connect.garmin.com

- Once you have signed up ensure your GPS in switched on and communicating with your PC.

3. Proceed to the Garmin connect webpage and sign in

4. Once signed in click “Menu”, “Connections” & Find People (Or follow the link below.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/connections

5. Search for EasyBike (Red E Logo “South Africa”)

6. Click “Connect” then click on “EasyBike”

7. Now you will be directed to our Garmin Connect Profile and you will be able to find all three Days already loaded on Garmin Connect for you.

8. Simply click on the day you would like to view or upload and then click “Send to Device” EG S2C D1 15 or S2C D3 15

9. Now select your device from the list and click send.

Day 1- https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/9515887

Day 2 - https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/9515951

Day 3 - https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/9516096

10. N.B – Remember Garmin Express needs to be running and paired with your GPS in order to send info.)

11. N.B – If you device is not connected to your PC or Paired up or connected or listed as connected it won’t transfer……. When you switch on your GPS nothing will appear under courses.!!

12. Repeat the steps above for each day. 1, 2 & 3

Garmin Connect Classic View Classic View

Garmin Forerunner 310XT & 910XT

Please make sure you load your GPS before the event. Internet access is required and this will be limited during the event and at registration.

13. You will require Garmin Express and Garmin Communicator running on your PC, your Forerunner will need to be paired with your PC.

(Please ensure this is working and your GPS is paired before you go any further)

- http://software.garmin.com/en-US/express.html- (Garmin Express)

- http://software.garmin.com/en-US/gcp.html- (Garmin Communicator)

14. Garmin Connect Instructions

- Sign up and Create an account with Garmin Connect (If you do not already have one) and follow the on screen instructions.

- www.connect.garmin.com

- Once you have signed up ensure your GPS in switched on and communicating with your PC.

15. Proceed to the Garmin connect webpage and sign in

16. Once signed in click “Explore” & “People”

17. Search for EasyBike (Red E Logo “South Africa”)

18. Click “Connect” then click on “EasyBike”

19. Now you will be directed to our Garmin Connect Profile and you will be able to find all three Days already loaded on Garmin Connect for you.

20. Simply click on the day you would like to view or upload and then click “Send to Device” EG S2C D1 15 or S2C D3 15

21. Now select your device from the list and click send.

22. N.B – Remember Garmin Express needs to be running and paired with your GPS in order to send info.)

23. N.B – If you device is not connected to your PC or Paired up or connected or listed as connected it won’t transfer……. When you switch on your GPS nothing will appear under courses.!!

24. Repeat the steps above for each day. 1, 2 & 3

Anyone know of a a person / team whom have booked the shuttle service and not going to use it?

For a mate whom got an entry recently

Which event? Someone was offering theirs for Adventure a few posts up.

I see in the online race mag they are flirting with the idea of a 4th event in addition to the current 3 in 2016.

Great idea, lots of people on the waiting list wanting to get in - hope it happens!  :thumbup:

IF not...WHY not??  the infra structure is already set up...maybe the large number scan also result in a discounted entry fee....winner al round!!

Anyone riding without GPS?

I spke to a group that did the last 3 days of J2C last week...says only on day 3 in the sugarcane fields that one can possibly take a wrong turn...but IF you look at the tyre tracks and amounts riding lines...getting lost will almost be impossible!

they took a wrong trun and quickly found out it was wrong..doubkled back and voila...she's back on the route..

The Sani is already going down as the one where riders are more stressed about GPS than fitness, myself included.

Hopefully the new obsession with a little GPS unit on your handle bars doesn't detract from the beauty of the route ... :thumbup:  

The Sani is already going down as the one where riders are more stressed about GPS than fitness, myself included.

Hopefully the new obsession with a little GPS unit on your handle bars doesn't detract from the beauty of the route ... :thumbup:  

have to agree, more stressed about the blinken GPS thingy than anything else!

just got them on the GPS device now - going to be interesting to use it for the first time on the ride.

The GPS works brilliantly as it makes a noise when you are 20m off route that gets your attention. It will be hard to get lost yes, but there is still a possibility especially on day 3. On day 3 following tracks will not be possible as those roads are so smooth that you barely even leave a track when you go through there.

I did JHB2C and the only day where I had to pay proper attention was on the final day. The other sani days is very difficult to get lost to be honest.

Archived