Sani2c 2015

Gringo

Talus - you're a machine. As long as the back holds out you'll be cool. And if not you're a doctor - prescribe yourself something for the pain :-)

Plus I owe you about 50 beers so best you be there!

Aaah - the voice of reason! Beer is the best meds. Heading out now.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have had my fair share of niggles and injuries over the years, and thus developed my own criteria for deciding whether to risk an injury for an event or not. 

If after 45 minutes or so on the bike, and after you have warmed up properly, and the first endorphins starts flowing, does the pain from the injury still feel the same as at the start, or is it better or worse? If it is worse, you know you should not risk it, and rather pull the plug. If the pain is better or staying the same, I think it is a small risk worth taking. 

At the moment I am struggling with some sore ribs / intercostal muscle pain after an OTB incident last weekend. If warmed up properly, the pain actually subsides a bit. Actually only hurts when lying on my right side, so I think I should be fine for Sani. The sleeping on the thin mattress in the tent worries me more than the riding!

How many Co2 bombs can I fly with?

Will we be able to buy bombs at registration?

I really don't feel like having my bike off loaded by airport security and having to trail run the first day.

I really don't feel like having my bike off loaded by airport security and having to trail run the first day.

My advice would be to leave your CO2 bombs at home. I've seen riders from Cape Town get their bikes offloaded before. There should be for sale at registration, but I'm not sure. I normally get mine from my brother-in-law who travels by car from Jozi. Maybe a Hubber can help you if you're really concerned. 

Neither my partner or I have a GPS. our plan is to "follow the crowd". Does anyone think this is totally crazy?

we are a late substitute and not really mountain bikers.

we have been seeded G in the adventure but are expecting to move up a few groups.

We bought ours at registration last year

At the risk of sounding like a completely different thread:

I have doubts about being able to do a reasonable ride.

Do I pull out knowing that he will have to ride on his own (too late for a substitute) or do I give it a go and hope for the best (possibly making his ride crap)?

What would you do?

If you are capable of riding but not racing, how about finding a mismatched pair in your event ( someone like my partner and me before we sold our entry) and split up according to your abilities. All 4 of you will have a more enjoyable time.

Neither my partner or I have a GPS. our plan is to "follow the crowd". Does anyone think this is totally crazy?

we have been seeded G in the adventure but are expecting to move up a few groups.

Did Dusi2C without a gps and had no issues.

Well, eventually got my bike back from lbs last week.  Did my long ride yesterday, taper ride today.  So that's my training sorted.

Even scraped the route profile stickers off the top tube to show I'm not completely lazy.  There was one from the year before under those... 

Picking my boet up from the airport in an hour or so.

See y'all on Wednesday.

Jealous.

Did shakedown ride with my wife today, really bummed im not doing sani. Have done three, but after a year off, and not doing anything to replace the need, i am really bummed im missing this year. Hopefully next year we will be riding together.

No not crazy at all. We are a group of 6 seasoned mountain bikers, neither of us has GPS's, also planning on following the crowd. We are in the race, should be plenty of spoor to follow after roughly 3000 bikes passed on the route. 

No not crazy at all. We are a group of 6 seasoned mountain bikers, neither of us has GPS's, also planning on following the crowd. We are in the race, should be plenty of spoor to follow after roughly 3000 bikes passed on the route. 

Thanks, makes me feel a bit better

WOuld be good to meet some hubbers - but sheesh you all starting way early, A batch and so.

Eldron, Talus do you guys have an idea of your numbers, might pop by the tent and say hello (if I can walk)

Archived