Lance Armstrong in Purgatory: The After-Life

F111

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flame suit on, guilty yes, bully yes, lied yes,

So is every other pro cyclist he competed against, he was just better,

I think it's time he gets treated like every other guilty pro that got caught,,,,,,except he is treated like filth and the rest get to walk, head held high

It's a disgrace

The best comment: " This we can stipulate: Lance Armstrong cheated death, and then he kept on cheating."

I think it's time he gets treated like every other guilty pro that got caught,,,,,,except he is treated like filth and the rest get to walk, head held high

It's a disgrace

+1

The fastest cheater of all the cheaters n that era

It's a disgrace

Ahh dips. He was like the bully of the bullies. And he betrayed everyone that believed in him. It's not only WHAT he did, but HOW he did it too.

But I get your point.

I wouldn't go that far, it was never a level playing field.

It's a disgrace what he did, his bullying and threats. It's also a disgrace how many were so quick to throw him under the bus without accepting their own liability. MacQuaid, Verbruggen, Ferrari etc ...

Yet much of that and his own downfall was his own doing as well, which from this article he's wrestling with that fact and possibly seeking redemption in his own way. There's a lot of paradox and conflict imho.

The article sums this up for me;

As much I'd say I can't respect or like him from the things he's done and said.

I also can't deny that without doubt he's one of the sport's foremost athletes.

I have empathy for him on a human level and hope he finds redemption his own way. Whatever happened, was a consequence of his own actions and the decisions he made. It will never affect my cycling for me though and I can't judge him for it but the sport has no place for that or anything like it.

I wouldn't go that far, it was never a level playing field.

It's a disgrace what he did, his bullying and threats. It's also a disgrace how many were so quick to throw him under the bus without accepting their own liability. MacQuaid, Verbruggen, Ferrari etc ...

Yet much of that and his own downfall was his own doing as well, which from this article he's wrestling with that fact and possibly seeking redemption in his own way. There's a lot of paradox and conflict imho.

The article sums this up for me;

As much I'd say I can't respect or like him from the things he's done and said.

I also can't deny that without doubt he's one of the sport's foremost athletes.

I have empathy for him on a human level and hope he finds redemption his own way. Whatever happened, was a consequence of his own actions and the decisions he made. It will never affect my cycling for me though and I can't judge him for it but the sport has no place for that or anything like it.

What he said, I have empathy for him ,

He was the bully of bullies, but many much worse than him are still actively involved in the sport ,,,,

I still think he rocks. If you win when everyone is doing it, your still the best.

Boy it's going to get hot in here.

Guest notmyname

You don't just become a cycling machine because you dope. 6 hours a day and the drive to be the best get you there.

I still think he rocks. If you win when everyone is doing it, your still the best.

Boy it's going to get hot in here.

No, you're not the best. Your doctors are. :whistling:

It's a disgrace

Agreed, they should all be treated like the filth they are.

He was the best cyclist,but not a good person so "Wat jy Saai did sal jy maai".Die blinde sambok het n manier om terug te kom.

I dont approve of the doping nor the bullying, but everyone was doping at the time. It was the cycling environment at the time, and you could not compete if you didn't dope and lied about it as well.

Having said that, I still think he was the best cyclist of the era. He trained extremely hard and rode every ascent of the tour over and over and over again in the snow and rain to become the best. He's trainers asked him to stop doing the Alp d'huez time after time after time as the trainers were getting cold in the rain and snow. He did push himself and trained extremely hard to become the best of the doping bunch.

The doping and lying and the bullying is unforgivable, but everyone was doping and lying about it. Its unfortunate for him that the UCI and and and is making an example of him, and the rest is coming of relatively "Scott" free from the doping that happened in that era. Just my 2cw.......ok, now you guys can roast me for what I said. I'm waiting.....hehehe

Agreed, they should all be treated like the filth they are.

Well then I suppose you just lucky YOU have never made mistakes, or ever will where people will judge you, and never forgive and forget what you might have done in the past. Maybe I just look at it differently as I have made many bad choices and I have not had my life ripped apart by people judging and not moving past my stupidity

It's called consequences, it's that thing you teach your children.

I think besides the financial loss and too much time on his hands this bugs the rest of the world more than him.

He is catching up on some family and drinking time now. ;)

Archived