Lance Armstrong in Purgatory: The After-Life

F111

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must be incredibly nice

BWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BWHAAAAAAAAAAA,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I CANT BREATH,,,,,,,,,,BWHAAAAAAA

Lance reminds me a lot of Jack Nicholson from "A Few Good Men"...

If I had to pick someone to defend my border - would it be Lance or Cuddle Evans... :whistling:

Who you would pick as a role model and friend though is a whole different kettle of fish!

I can respect Lance for what he achieved as a cyclist, but he is still very much in my eyes, a big does ;)

Lance reminds me a lot of Jack Nicholson from "A Few Good Men"...

If I had to pick someone to defend my border - would it be Lance or Cuddle Evans... :whistling:

Who you would pick as a role model and friend though is a whole different kettle of fish!

I can respect Lance for what he achieved as a cyclist, but he is still very much in my eyes, A LEGEND ;)

:whistling:

It's all bollocks, better doctors! Rubbish! Doping affects all cyclists differently, some benefit more than others.

Sport still full of dopers as the amount of recent positives prove!

Let them dope if they want to, don't believe it will make a racehorse out of a donkey! All these guys were more talented than the average Joe before they started doping!

I like Lance with all his drugs and his 7 Tour De France titles :ph34r:

What really gets annoying when speaking to people about Lance is when they think he didn't work hard to achieve what he did... He doped hard, but believe me he trained hard as well... Someone told me the other day," no wonder all the pro's are so much faster than me, if I doped I'd also be winning the races! " This coming from a back marker in half marathons.

Lance's dream he sold is still true in my eyes.... He beat cancer and still managed to climb his way to the top. I know people who let a light drizzle stop them from training.... Me included. Give the man some credit.

Yes doping effects people differently but so does various training methodologies - even without dope one can never claim the playing field was level. If athlete A recovers naturally faster than athlete B is it an unfair advantage? Same would apply to gels, bars, sports drinks ect - so supplements, whether legal or not will always effect people differently. To use the example of his early attempts at the tour de france is not really fair as his role was not as a GC contender. I think I read the first tour he went in with the intention of not finishing

Best doper of the era, yes. Best cyclist, no - he had the best doctors. It is like F1, te best car wins, not the best driver.

But in Lance's case his legs were his cars engine. Look regardless of his doping and douche bully tactics, don't let your emotion detract from the fact that he beat the other dopers. If all F1 teams used illegal fuel that doesn't make the winner slower than the guy in second who also used it. And as I have said before if a cheater is winning do something about it, I think the "lets not say anything" clean guys are only marginally better than the dopers. Think about it, the dopers cheated to win or to keep their jobs, the quiet clean guys shutup to keep their jobs and never won.

I met a French docter on holiday in CT last December. He was/is involved in French cycling and now with their rugby teams. His motto is "Ëvery thing is possible". He meets with docters and scientists from all over the world to see what science can do for competitive sports. How to get a sports competitor to optimum performance. They draw your blood and then recogmend what supplements etc to use. So doping is very far from over

All I can say, and we all should remember this, if there was no Lance for the last 10 years, this place would have been boring.

Lance was at the epicentre of some of the most epic "handbags at noon" and fanny wobbles the hub has ever and will ever see.

The nice guys always finish last :thumbup:

I must be incredibly nice

According to superbru you are mildly nice ...

Lance was at the epicentre of some of the most epic "handbags at noon" and fanny wobbles the hub has ever and will ever see.

For that I salute him....countless hours of entertainment and moermekaar.

I met a French docter on holiday in CT last December. He was/is involved in French cycling and now with their rugby teams. His motto is "Ëvery thing is possible". He meets with docters and scientists from all over the world to see what science can do for competitive sports. How to get a sports competitor to optimum performance. They draw your blood and then recogmend what supplements etc to use. So doping is very far from over

there is simply too much money involved in all sports, think rugby,athletics,cycling,body building

people like nike want there product on podium, if lance wouldnt have been there some other lab rat full of juice would have gladly taken the 100$million dollar pay day,ITS ACTUALLY SIMPLE MATHS

Archived