Hans Dampf tires

Bizkit031

Who has or have used Hans Dampf tires? Wanna get a set but wanna see what you guys think of them.Reviews online look very good.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm deffo picking some up this week. Gonna run them up front and NN @ the back.

Only heard good things about them.

I am using them, great tires, can highly recommend them. Do keep in mind that they are quite big (similar to a 2.5) and has a high rolling resistance so is not the ideal if your aim is to do marathon racing.

I prefer mine as a rear tyre with a Magic Mary in front but they can also be used as a front tyre. However as a front tyre they can wash out in dry conditions if the tyre pressure is to high. Due to the volume of the tyre you can run them at very low pressure without damaging rims. (Even when using tubes)

Wanna use them for Enduro,and trail riding,and well running a bit of tar as well. Def not doing marathons,not a race snake. That is not my idea of fun so don't fall in that big percentage of Saffas who do marathons.

I like mine. Do HD front with Ardent rear. Front does go walkabout sometimes but that's 90% my poor riding ability.

I run a HD in front and a Nobby Nic in the back of my stumpjumper 29r and it gives amazing grip over wet rocks and roots. Not the best tire for clearing mud, hardpack with loose gravel or longevity. The nobs on the HD is not far away from starting to shear off. Had it on the back too, but had some clearance issues and I cut the sidewall on the second day of my alpine trip. IMO great for technical riding, not so much for muddy riding. The NN sheds mud much better than the HD, but does not offer the same amount of grip.

I have Spez Ground control on at the moment on the front and a fasttrack on the rear. For now it's fine seeing that it's so dry here but wanna get something a bit more aggressive.

if you can, get em in supergravity: the DH_level stiff sidewalls with thinner topcap (where the tread is), will help you run them at lower pressure. The Supergravity behaves quite differently from the other versions of carcass that Schwalbe offers. Its a pain with devilthorns though: dont say i didnt warn you.

But otherwise, SG carcasses ftw.

With regard to hans Dampf itself, I'm not a fan. Its not a bad tyre at all, just not one I'd prefer. Highly subjective, so take with a pinch of salt.

Muddy Mary front, HD rear. Used to have HD front and WTB weirwolf rear. The Mary tracks FAR better in pretty much everything, an the knobs seem to be holding up a lot better. HD seems to wear very quickly, and is picky about the pressure you run it at.

ONLY go for the Snakeskin version, or the Super Gravity. Then pacestar / trailstar on the back, and trailstar on the front.

Wanna use them for Enduro,and trail riding,and well running a bit of tar as well. Def not doing marathons,not a race snake. That is not my idea of fun so don't fall in that big percentage of Saffas who do marathons.

If you run a Trailstar HD at the rear it will die very quickly on the road. Get the Pacestar version or else put your Ground Control at the back.

Edited by niterider

If you run a Trailstar HD at the rear it will die very quickly on the road. Get the Pacestar version or else put your Ground Control at the back.

why is a prime cut of MTB rubber getting rubbed out on tar????

Muddy Mary front, HD rear. Used to have HD front and WTB weirwolf rear.

How have those been going for you? I'm over getting wash out on the front at the moment and want something that will stick. Yup it may be me but there has to be something to help my skills-of-a-unco'-1-yr-old-spider-monkey disposition.

Have run:

- Mtn kings

- Nevegals

- Some random ***

Currently in the stable I have:

- N.Nics

- Mtn Kings

some Planet X smorgasbords & Chunky Monkey (tho they are not tubeless ready) on the way.

Looking at:

- HD

- Something from geax, but what?

- WTB

Currently have verticals all around and they are driving me crazy. Get a good pressure for one thing and they lose it on rocks, dial that in and the little feckers give it to you in the sand / loose.

Honestly though with the massive discounts that Planet X are giving at the moment it's hard to go past them but Buycycle and easybike are doing a great job locally and will alway try to support them (and dial'd).

and yes, I'm stock piling. The end of the 26'r world seems to be on us and I'm loading the bunker!

I have heard that the HD is pressure sensitive,so now I am a bit skeptical.Some guys here are running Onza Ibex as well and they seem to like them,I was also looking for Maxxis HR2 and Minion but there is no stock in SA and they tell me that they not gonna bring them in either.

How have those been going for you? I'm over getting wash out on the front at the moment and want something that will stick. Yup it may be me but there has to be something to help my skills-of-a-unco'-1-yr-old-spider-monkey disposition.

Have run:

- Mtn kings

- Nevegals

- Some random ***

Currently in the stable I have:

- N.Nics

- Mtn Kings

some Planet X smorgasbords & Chunky Monkey (tho they are not tubeless ready) on the way.

Looking at:

- HD

- Something from geax, but what?

- WTB

Currently have verticals all around and they are driving me crazy. Get a good pressure for one thing and they lose it on rocks, dial that in and the little feckers give it to you in the sand / loose.

Honestly though with the massive discounts that Planet X are giving at the moment it's hard to go past them but Buycycle and easybike are doing a great job locally and will alway try to support them (and dial'd).

and yes, I'm stock piling. The end of the 26'r world seems to be on us and I'm loading the bunker!

One word. Awesome. Apparently the Magic Mary is even better