Should I get concerned? Cracked frame?

Rudi Pollard

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No expert, but that just looks like the paint from 'clamping'. If I were in your shoes, I would just monitor it... even if it fails, it should not be catastrophic at that location.

Looks like paint hey... But take it to a lbs for another opinion. Rather be safe than sorry

If it were mine i would make noise about it.... These things are expensive..... Wait for the 2015 stock before you get too serious :()

Carbon frame. Nope didnt have a fall with it. Will monitor it for now and see if it gets worse before I take it to the shop.

I noticed these marks on my specialized epic expert after washing it today. Is it just the paint or should I have it checked. It is at the seat clamp

post-27075-1405263193,1318.jpg

How old is the frame?

Who tightened the seat post the last time?

2012 model. I only tighten it with a torque wrench so its definitely not over torqued. I have taken it out quite a few times to clean etc but like I said its always been tightened to the correct torque setting

Hi lapa

I did not notice the lower mark initially. I think have it checked out at your LBS. I still think the top marks (at the clamp) is possibly just paint.

Keep us updated.