Cyclist dies after falling off bicycle

gummibear

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

R.I.P. and just like that a family lives have been changed forever, be safe out there hubers :mellow:

RIP

I am glad that he was not riding alone when this happened, and that others were around to help and call for medical assistance. Lets tell our cycle buddies our allergies and blood groups incase accidents happen.

RIP

I am glad that he was not riding alone when this happened, and that others were around to help and call for medical assistance. Lets tell our cycle buddies our allergies and blood groups incase accidents happen.

RIDE WITH A I.C.E BAND,,,ALWAYS

name medical aid #

emergency contact details :thumbup:

This may not necessarily be the case.

I won't mention names, but one of the guys who raced tandems with us - a very experienced cycling shop owner - was out for a ride with a lady a few years ago now, and riding very slowly when he apparently tippled over, fell off and hit his head. A very silly little incident. He was wearing a decent helmet.

He died in hospital a few days later from a brain injury sustained during the fall.

Sh*t luck. Very sh*t luck. A helmet cannot guarantee to protect you from injury, no matter how 'innocuous' the incident. All it can do is reduce the odds and (hopefully) the severity of an injury.

Best wishes and thoughts to this cyclist's family and friends...

I remember that incident , I knew Him as well , That was a sad story . Sorry to hear of this incident that happened over the weekend . Condolences to his family.. very sad.

R.I.P. and just like that a family lives have been changed forever, be safe out there hubers :mellow:

I agree...very sad news and lives changed forever...RIP fellow cyclist!