2015 S Works Epic

Johny Bravo

Don't be nasty now, i can't help it if i pedal like the oros man, it's the only way I'm able to get my knees past my pensie :(

Not you my friend :w00t:

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And Nino is still the best on a Scott that you can get for half the price.

last time I checked this bike won the olympic gold. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

If I may, I really get annoyed when people start throwing cars in to the mix.

There is a vast difference from a Hyundai to a Subaru to a Porsche and a Zonda.

Bikes are bikes, no more no less.

What affects the price ?

Exotic materials such as carbon, titanium and high grade alloy's.

(Thank goodness steel has come down in price over the years)

So we now have carbon wheels with triple butted spokes and alloy nipples that cost R 12 per nipple.

Carbon cranks with a highly engineered centre spline, on a top end bike of any brand you get brakes with carbon bits, the top of the line group set and carbon wheels.

In the end of the day, strip the entire bike down to just the frame, remove the RS1 and you sit with the Specialized Epic, off the bat you are paying a premium for their FSR patent, the brain shock and their FACT carbon manufacturing process.

Now let's move on and take those parts that are sitting in a box, what are we strapping them on to ?

There is not one brand name manufacturer that makes rubbish in this day and age anymore, yes they all have their marketing drivel but in the end of the day, no matter what brand you choose from, that box of components will get strapped on to frames across all manufacturers.

As I said ,nobody makes rubbish anymore, they simply can't afford to do so, the market is way too competitive.

Cars are a different ball game all together, we start toying with vastly different chassis, suspensions, engines, body work and then you also pay a premium when Pinninfarina or any other auto designer slaps his name on to it.

This has nothing to do with cars and how vastly they differ, this is about value for money.

:thumbup:

post-523-0-78655100-1405948895_thumb.jpg

And Nino is still the best on a Scott that you can get for half the price.

Wahahhaha remember to type in special font when you making a joke.

Yoh, that be a machine .

Hope you have endless miles :thumbup:

Thanks

Took me a long time to make up my mind.....took delivery a week ago

One solid chunk of car

Just saying that all these through axles and beefier crowns add to some forward momentum, but it's really 0.867686960607645 %

Pedal bob, yes that can be energy sapping, but then again I have seen people with such poor form that they can make a rigid fork bob.

you referring to that Routjie character :ph34r:

Spezz are nice bikes, just sickly priced for the same return one can get with a lost less $$ from other brands with the same quality. Absolutely crazy to think of spending R130k on a bike.