What bib to buy?

Nickster

I've been through two specialized bibs in the space of two weeks, both deciding they don't want to be bibs anymore after one ride and letting their chamios stitching unravel.

I've managed to get my money back but haven't found another brand of bib that feels good and suits my pocket.

Any suggestions I may be missing in the R1600 and under price range?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go and have a look at the Anatomic factory outlet in North Gate Estate, Paarden Island or their website http://www.weardirect.co.za/anatomic-factory-outlets to see what they have. I am very happy with my bib, have it for about 5 months now, go through the washing machine after a ride and it is still holding up very well for a R999 bib. I don't use it for Epic length rides, so can't help with how it feels for rides over 45km.

I've got two and three year old Fox bibs which are still good. They've been well used.

Specialized is a load of crap. from socks to bikes..

look at the First ascent about R1400

Luckily I didn't buy a bike just yet

Go and have a look at the Anatomic factory outlet in North Gate Estate, Paarden Island or their website http://www.weardirec...factory-outlets to see what they have. I am very happy with my bib, have it for about 5 months now, go through the washing machine after a ride and it is still holding up very well for a R999 bib. I don't use it for Epic length rides, so can't help with how it feels for rides over 45km.

Forgot about them, will have a look, thanks

I Found the Fox bib I bought very uncomfortable. Nothing like a few crotch re-adjustments while trying to act pro.

First Ascent bibs are good value.

Best by far (out of the ones I've tried) are the Pearl Izumi pair. Still going strong after a few k's, and super comfy.

first ascent for shorter rides

ftech for the longer rides (just make 120% sure of your size)

Craft entry level stuff is good I used it for xc racing and training

The craft stuff seemed pretty see through when I tried it on

Still some months away but if you can, check out specials at 94.7 expo.

Nalini, Santini, MOA and even Giordana bibs are good value for money and super durable. The Ftech gear at ASG is also good value apparel.

If you are willing to fork out a few hundred extra rands, invest in at least one Castelli or Assos bib, especially for longer rides or races. Yah they are very pricey but they will literally last for years and one really notice the difference after 5 hours in the saddle...

Following this thread too. My ass also seems to only prefer Spez bibs. When they were out of stock recently I tried craft and after 30 km it felt like I was sitting on razor blades.