Urban MTB Assalt

fastlegs

Agreed, my collection person also does not understand the concept (he ordered Racetec chips for 3 different upcoming races)

then it sounds more like an error in you failing in briefing that person and you only need one chip which stays with you for all and every race thereafter

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody else starting at 07:55? Looking for another slowpoke like me to make the 52km journey with.

Hey there Spruit Im planning on a slow strike aswell jumping the line at 8:15 tho.

then it sounds more like an error in you failing in briefing that person and you only need one chip which stays with you for all and every race thereafter

Lol, was done without prior knowledge or discussion.

Longest Day 

Any idea what the rules are for this ? 

When people ask why I'm riding so slowly, it would be nice if I could lie and tell them that I'm after the prize...  :ph34r:

Don't worry, I'll give you a push over the finish line.

Anybody else starting at 07:55? Looking for another slowpoke like me to make the 52km journey with.

We've got a 7:40 rider in our group and are dropping back to join. Slow, fun day.

Conversations around the #HollardJUMA have spit into about 3 forum topics, so just posting a quick note in each one :)

Thought you'd all like to know about a little free CycleSure offer for everyone riding the JUMA. You'll need to register, details in the News forum. Hope you enjoy!

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/143954-free-r10k-cyclesure-coverage-for-hollardjuma-riders-registration-required/

--Andy

Mine is a 07:50. First event for me so just taking it as it comes.

Andy

Would there be any cost of a person with a 22km entry would like to swap with another person with a 55km entry?

G

Conversations around the #HollardJUMA have spit into about 3 forum topics, so just posting a quick note in each one :)

Thought you'd all like to know about a little free CycleSure offer for everyone riding the JUMA. You'll need to register, details in the News forum. Hope you enjoy!

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/143954-free-r10k-cyclesure-coverage-for-hollardjuma-riders-registration-required/

--Andy

Andy

Would there be any cost of a person with a 22km entry would like to swap with another person with a 55km entry?

G

There's not really any official swapping - so not really any official cost :)

I'm assuming people are just swapping race numbers and things like that.

For an official stance, suggest emailing Eunice... Eunice Allison <eunice@cycleevents.co.za>

--Andy

Will the results of the race potentially be used in any other seeding...

like 94.7

if yes then to get the number associated with the right board is thing to look at, otherwise as you said, just swap number boards and ride under each others name.

G

There's not really any official swapping - so not really any official cost :)

I'm assuming people are just swapping race numbers and things like that.

For an official stance, suggest emailing Eunice... Eunice Allison <eunice@cycleevents.co.za>

--Andy

Will the results of the race potentially be used in any other seeding...

like 94.7

It can't be used for 94,7 - I already got my start time for that yesterday.

Not sure who hates me that I got such a lousy start time...

post-63215-0-13062400-1412913289_thumb.jpg

otherwise as you said, just swap number boards and ride under each others name.

I wonder what would happen in an incident though?

The emergency contact details and medical aid details would be for the original entrant.

Anyone else have the opinion that the goody bags were a waste of time after one had a look what was in them?

Anyone else have the opinion that the goody bags were a waste of time after one had a look what was in them?

Yip! This race has been touted as a "tough, urban assault", but then you're given fabric softener and body lotion in your goody bag?!

Why not focus more on cycling specific products?

you're given fabric softener and body lotion in your goody bag?!

I'm only fetching mine later today, but, maybe its to wash our kit so we don't get saddle sores..? ;) :P

Archived