Freedomride Jozi - Sunday 20th July

DirtyFrank

The event today was excellent; considering that it's a free event that has marshals (in the form of JMPD) on the route, adequate water-points and good vibe.

Today was my first Freedom ride. It was loads of fun, and not as congested as I expected the roads to be. Big thanx to the JMPD and the Think Bike marshals! The only negative thing I can say is that I felt like there should have been rubbish bins for about a km every 100m or so after each water point. I ended up carrying 4 empty water bag thingys in my pocked but many people opted for just throwing it on the ground

Was a pretty decent turn out

If this was you guys in braam yesterday.. when i drove home after sk8ing in town over the mandela bridge.. there was a decent turn out of your water sachets too... disgusting not even a bunch of kids from town that sk8 make as much mess.. they commented how the rich come mess up their neighbourhood.....

Cycling full of pigs on their own thoughtless missions.... when you leave cleanup..its not just for what you payed(that organisers must clean up)..you the ones drinking the bloody stuff. :thumbdown:

nuff said.. eish ! <_<

i didn't do the Sunday ride, but some mates that did said it was well organised. Apparently turn out was about 1000 more than the first ride. I must say up till the 40km I enjoyed the last one a lot so a bit sad to have missed this one.

this was quite funny though.

post-44041-0-19350400-1405952174_thumb.png

Great event, so nice to have such a great mix of people, cycling here in general tends to be a bit mono-cultural.

Edited by kosmonooit

Must say it was way better organized then tha last one. I had a blast. Thanks to JMPDand everybody else that organized the event they did a great job.

If there is one in Pretoria later this year I hope we get to know about it I would love go.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hey guys. Thanks for all the feedback on the July Freedom Ride. As the organiser of the ride, I really enjoyed reading what you guys had to say. Thanks @wazi for the great video, truly illustrates the essence of the ride, your video was uploaded to the website: http://freedomride.org.za/cool-movie-from-a-rider/. @SiNJiN we apologies for the mess, from my side, we made sure to clean up everthing before we left, including the sachets; both at Mandela Bridge and along the entire route. As for the mess up on the t-shirts, yeah, that sucked, but we will learn from this, and well, those t-shirts are now world famous, so hang on to them!