Idiots on The Spruit

LegsEleven

Guest Smimby

I have been attacked by dogs many times and have sometimes dispatched them with a swift cleat to the head, only to be threatened by the irate owner with lots of threats .I even had a huge shock stick/ cattle prodder stuck in my face by with blue sparks flying. At Emmarentia lake the rules clearly state dogs must be on a lead but no one ever pays any attention to that. About 2 years ago at Delta park a `lady` threw a stick across my path which caused me to fly OTH over her border collie and shepard dog who were in hot pursuit of said stick. I was too livid to take it up with her and just dusted myself off and departed but my wife gave her a spectacular lesson in the alternative oxford dictionary and maintains to this day that the `b*tch looked straight at me and timed the throw to it`s effect. I now carry a extra large can of the strongest pepper jet spray I could find and will use it without hesitation on the next mutt that tugs at my socks, hopefully the owner will be taking notes.

So the owner does it and the dog get peppered ?

Rather spray the owner. Unless the dog is still attached to your ankle.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I normally take it out on the owner NOT the dog. Dog will not TRY and MAKE me crash. they will either want to bite or play...but that is dogs.

The owner is the stupid one here and should be reprimanded NOT the dog....

How about this one where you say the dog will want to play or BITE but the owner must be reprimanded.

Keep it real and go read what comment I responded to in the first place

According to the signage dogs must be on a leash and as pointed out, in practice, they seldom are, which is actually insane in the parks of the Spruit. What pees me off is that I cycle along using about 1/4M2 of space, whilst 3 or 4 strollers with 4 or 5 unleashed dogs can use up to half an acre!

You're under threat from all directions as you pass through the "storm".

In Emmerentia Dam I earned my first "Dog Stripes". I was cruising at a fair lick (not a mad pace), when a boxer (dog!) ran (from a considerable distance) straight into my front wheel, launching me instantly into space. Fortunately I de-cleated successfully, went over the bars, and landed ahead of the bike by 4 or 5 meters, in a cloud of dust. Amazingly, I was totally unharmed, and after straightening the handlebars was on my way, after using some fruity language on the dog's owners...

But guys and girls, we have to lower the agro level on this our very own piece of freedom.

My Dog takes no prisoners, hurt an animal and my PITT knows to bring back your hand like a toy Frisbee:)Have a lovely afternoon!

That is so funny ^_^ . Dunno if you'll be smiling after the damages claim (for which you are vicariously liable) and/or having to euthanize your dog...

It goes rof up there in Jozi hey

Only in Jozi.......Pretoors Spruit is rustig and chilled out. Might be due to its proximity to the N1 highway with all the carbonmonoxide and the chilly air near Wolwespruit. But doing stuff like that here.....jy gaan jou sterre sien.....

....maybe from a low hanging tree branch, a loose klippertjie or two or just the sand chatching you out.......the track sorts the windgat outjies out....

We have some agro poepolle in CT as well.

Went for a ride at hoogekraal the other day, chilled ride. So on the one hill made way(pulled of the trail) for a guy I saw coming up. Next moment he yells a irrated Hallo!. Clearly I am not well mannered for not greeting him. So I cruise on and he is panting quite a bit out of breath. So I jokingly ask him why. He then angrily responds if I want to come past or not. I said no (since I made way for him. I am then advised not to tune him ****. I thought I better give him a gap on the down hill and took and awesome pic.

We have some agro poepolle in CT as well.

Went for a ride at hoogekraal the other day, chilled ride. So on the one hill made way(pulled of the trail) for a guy I saw coming up. Next moment he yells a irrated Hallo!. Clearly I am not well mannered for not greeting him. So I cruise on and he is panting quite a bit out of breath. So I jokingly ask him why. He then angrily responds if I want to come past or not. I said no (since I made way for him. I am then advised not to tune him ****. I thought I better give him a gap on the down hill and took and awesome pic.

At least you weren't elbowed or something...

Some peeps are so self-centered.

Ai.

So much win in this thread!

I reckon we should just mark all the Strava segments on the Spruit as dangerous... No more Strava chasers...

DAMN!! and it is only Monday

Grim week ahead for sure!!

Now about who has right of way!

I really do not like dogs. Pigs are the new pink. I cruised past a couple in Emmerentia walking their pigs, without leashes, the pigs had no intention of getting in my way or spoiling my cruise. Pigs are the way of the future regarding pets. Also you can make bacon of them... Double whammy.

Smimby is like a little ankle biter isnt he?

If those are your ankles+Calves in the picture then i think all dogs are 'Small ankle biters'...just saying..you quite ripped.

Guest Karma

If those are your ankles+Calves in the picture then i think all dogs are 'Small ankle biters'...just saying..you quite ripped.

Escapee already has a boyfriend, so back off.