One Tonner 2014

Pure Savage

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2014 PPA ONE TONNER: ENTER NOW

Entries are open for the PPA One Tonner over 160 km on Sunday 19 October 2014. The route is unchanged from 2013, starting and finishing in Stellenbosch (we’ll do our best to keep the wind away this year). The PPA One Tonner will again be a seeding event for the 2015 Cycle Tour and at the same time provides excellent training for those doing the 2014 Coronation Double Century. Click here and enter now: https://online.entries.co.za/entries/findperson.aspx?eid=3197

i paid R180 for the 163km ride as a ppa member

Ohk. Seems I have to re-new my membership then. As Argus entries opening late Sept aswell.

This race looks challenging, interesting and quite scary! :devil:

Does anyone have some tips for preparing for the race?

Thanks

Thanks

Do a few 4.5 - 5 hr rides to build endurance.

Of course, build up your endurance to 5 hrs in the saddle first.

Do a few 4 hour rides at 80% - 90% effort to build strength.

(Simply put)

Edited by ' Dale

Do a few 4.5 - 5 hr rides to build endurance.

Of course, build up your endurance to 5 hrs in the saddle first.

Do a few 4 hour rides at 80% - 90% effort to build strength.

(Simply put)

And if we have the same wind as last year, drive down the N1 at 110km with your head out the window to get used to the feeling !! :eek:

I just ramped up my long rides. start at 100km, then 120km, then 130km, week after week until the race.

The actual race profile isnt bad, no crazy climbs. It will really come down to the wind.

There are plenty of stops, so dont worry about riding with 10 bottles and a woolies bag of food, they give you banana's and snacks.

I just ramped up my long rides. start at 100km, then 120km, then 130km, week after week until the race.

The actual race profile isnt bad, no crazy climbs. It will really come down to the wind.

There are plenty of stops, so dont worry about riding with 10 bottles and a woolies bag of food, they give you banana's and snacks.

botmaskloof isnt much fun...

Thanks

Just ride lots and get your mind used to the hour or two that comes after the 4th one. Also get used to riding in the heat of mid day and the southeaster, again mainly to train the head. Get confident in bunch riding because this is a race where you want to work together, slipstream and not get left for dead on your own, especially if it is windy.